Union Pacific operates North America's premier railroad franchise, covering 23 states in the western two-thirds of the United States. As the world's largest locomotive team with over 160 years serving our nation, Union Pacific is excited to offer unique career opportunities to military veterans.
Our rail system is perfectly positioned to serve the country's fastest growing cities and states. UP serves the western coal reserves, the world’s most productive cropland, Gulf Coast chemical industry and the rock quarries of South Texas. The railroad is the nation's largest hauler of chemicals and one of the largest intermodal carriers – the transport of truck trailers and marine containers. The railroad helps link production and consumption points in the U.S, and across the world, with a network to deliver the energy, food, raw materials, durable and consumer goods to support the nation's growth.
- Excellent compensation package, including a flexible benefits plan, and generous 401 (k) retirement plan
- Retirement and Financial Planning Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A wide range of child care/ support services
- Paid Time Off
- Transportation Spending Account
- Employee Discounts
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a Union Pacific job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on UP's career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Union Pacific reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!