CONTINUE YOUR SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY IN THE GUARD
You already know the unmatched pride that comes from serving your country. The National Guard makes it easy for you to continue serving while receiving valuable benefits and increased flexibility in many aspects of your life. Serve part-time, and choose your life path now. Decide where you want to live, what your civilian career will look like and more.
Your skills and experience from any branch of service may transfer to the Guard.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL SERVICES
- Age – Must qualify for non-regular retired pay by age 60.
- Physical – Must meet height/weight and current medical requirements.
- Education – Must meet education standards for the MOS or option for which you enlist.
- Background – Must have most current DD 214, NGB22 or discharge order and have an approved DD Form 368 Conditional Release.
- Prior Service members from all branches could be required to attend a six-week Basic Combat Training (BCT) course at Fort Leonard Wood depending on the length of their break in service. For more information regarding whether you will be required to attend a six-week Basic Training you will need to speak with your Recruiter.
- ASVAB – Applicants with a break in service of over 10 years must re-take the ASVAB to establish current scores.
- For full requirements and additional information, please contact your local recruiter.
A SUPPORT STRUCTURE FOR YOUR LIFE
When you join the Guard, you create a world where goals are within your grasp. It’s not easy, but you’ll overcome whatever challenge is laid out before you.
Get a degree with money for school, learn job skills that translate to the civilian world, make bonds that last a lifetime and earn pride for life. When you become a Guard Soldier, your family will thank you, your country will thank you and your future will owe you.
Begin your planning.
Civilian life is new territory, and a lateral move to the Guard is the smart plan. Ease your transition with these advantages.
- Bonuses up to $20,000
- TRICARE Reserve Select insurance
- Retirement benefits
- Education benefits
- State-specific benefits
- Full-time employment opportunities
- Ability to continue military training
- Stabilization (up to 36 months)
- Military Service Obligation (MSO) Reduction
- Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Reclassification
Get in the Guard. Protect what you’ve earned. And move towards your next objective.