Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct andsupervise all functions, duties and activities for the department. Support the day-to-day functions of the Grocery operations. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote trust and respect among associates
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets
- Assist in developing adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products
- Display a positive attitude
- Assist in developing and implementing a department business plan to achieve desired results
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions, especially promotions that affect the Grocery department
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads
- Monitor and control expenses for the department
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs
- Assist in planning, organizing and supervising the inventory process
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school education or equivalent
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Management experience preferred
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Fry's Food Stores: Fry's Food Stores is headquartered in Tolleson, Arizona. The company employs more than 17,000 Arizona residents who help us serve more than one million households per week. Fry's has been providing Arizonans with fresh food at famous low prices since 1960. Fry's Food Stores is a proud member of the Kroger Co. based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: AZ || Marana || 12100 N Thornydale Rd || 85658 || Fry's Food Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Kroger | Tucson, Arizona
Assistant Grocery Manager
Kroger | Oro Valley, Arizona