The Senior AML/OFAC Systems Analyst is a seasoned financial technology professional with vast experience in AML systems rules engine tuning, AML systems administration, support, and implementation of small / medium scale AML enhancement and compliance projects. Manages various AML systems including but are not limited to; Transaction monitoring model, Customer risk rating model, CTR reporting, OFAC screening and regulatory reporting systems
- Responsible for performing analysis, interpreting results and developing actionable insights to accelerate operational excellence, demonstrate compliance and mitigate risk.
- Presents data and analysis in a clear and concise manner allowing the audience to quickly understand the results and recommendations so they can make informed data driven decision.
- Supports and maintains vendor models used by the AML group for transaction monitoring, customer risk rating and sanctions screening.
- Applies appropriate quantitative techniques such as exploratory data analysis, regression analysis, supervised and unsupervised learning, feature engineering, statistical sampling, and data visualization.
- Maintains and creates AML rules, control system parameters, and interface tables.
- Develops scenarios involving tuning, calibration, segmentation and optimization.
- Develops, coordinates, and executes AML system testing activities involving multiple departments for system upgrades, conversions and migration.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintains AML system support logs, issue logs, and user access lists.
- Develops and maintains all AML system related procedures, statistics, and special reports using host system report writers and other tools.
- Creates, maintains and updates documentation for AML systems including parameter changes and administrative procedures.
- Provides routine and ad hoc reporting tied to AML/BSA compliance and risk.
- Works directly with and serves as the liaison between BSA business groups, bank IT teams and external vendors.
- Collaborates with multiple vendors and provide subject matter expertise and critically analyze the recommendations provided for AML systems enhancement.
- Coordinates with vendor teams for application support and periodic upgrades.
- Participates in vendor user groups.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information systems, or Data Analytics.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in data analytics, compliance technology and risk management.
- Experience with AML transaction monitoring applications or other major compliance products, preferably Fiserv FCRM not excluding Mantas and Actimize.
- Experience with database technology platforms preferably MS SQL Server or similar database technologies.
- Experience with reporting tools, preferably Microsoft BI or Cognos business intelligence desired.
- Proven experience working with model risk management in the model validation process.
- ACAMS certification is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of AML transaction monitoring applications and compliance products, preferably Fiserv FCRM not excluding Mantas and Actimize.
- Strong analytic skills and problem solving with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Advanced analytics and statistics skills.
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence/data exploration and visualization tools.
- Good knowledge of database technology platforms preferably MS SQL Server or similar database technologies.
- Strong knowledge of model risk management in the model validation process.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple vendors and provide subject matter expertise and critically analyze the recommendations provided for AML systems enhancement.
- Ability to define detailed testing strategy and identify risks for AML enhancement, migration and integration projects.
- Ability to effectively work with internal business groups and external vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. is the parent company of Flagstar Bank, N.A., one of the largest regional banks in the country. We are headquartered in Hicksville, NY with regional headquarters in Troy, MI. Flagstar Bank, N.A. operates over 390 branches across nine states, including strong footholds in the Northeast and Midwest and exposure to high growth markets in the Southeast and West Coast. Through its Flagstar Mortgage division, the Company operates nationally through over 80 retail home lending offices and a wholesale network of approximately 3,000 third-party mortgage originators.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc., through its subsidiary bank, Flagstar Bank, N.A., has deep roots in two major markets; the Northeast, specifically, New York City, and in Michigan. The Company, founded in 1859 as the Queens County Savings Bank - the first savings bank chartered by the state of NY in the New York City Borough of Queens, went public in 1993 and has grown organically and through a series of accretive mergers and acquisitions, culminating in its recent acquisition of Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. on December 1, 2022.
Flagstar Bank’s origins date back to 1987 in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan when it was known as First Security Savings Bank. It was chartered as a federal savings bank in 1987 and adopted the Flagstar name in 1996, reflecting a series of acquisitions of its own. Flagstar has a retail presence in four Mid-western states and in California, while its mortgage division conducts business nationally.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. has market-leading positions in several national businesses, including multi-family lending, mortgage origination and servicing, and warehouse lending. The Company is the second-largest multi-family portfolio lender in the country and the leading multi-family portfolio lender in the New York City market area, where it specializes in rent-regulated, non-luxury apartment buildings. Flagstar Mortgage is the 7th largest bank originator of residential mortgages for the 12-months ending September 30, 2022, and the industry’s 5th largest sub-servicer of mortgage loans nationwide, servicing 1.4 million accounts. Additionally, the Company is the 2nd largest mortgage warehouse lender nationally based on total commitments.
We believe in cultivating a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace that engages employees, broadens perspectives, and teamwork. We are proud to bring Military Personnel into our workplace.
We encourage you to learn more about us, and our employment opportunities and thank you for your interest in Flagstar Bank.
UBS Financial Services, Inc. | Jersey City, New Jersey
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Hicksville, New York
UBS Financial Services, Inc. | Weehawken, New Jersey
Deutsche Bank | New York, New York
Deutsche Bank | New York, New York
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Hicksville, New York
TIAA | Hauppauge, New York