A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what’s possible?
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for accurate receiving, storing, picking, cutting, packaging and shipping of product to meet the company’s 1 + 3 Operational Perfection @ Southwire (OPS) metrics in the areas of safety, quality, service/velocity and waste/cost reduction.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a forklift or other powered material handling equipment (MHE).
- Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the correct staging area.
- Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Ensure that the quantity, quality, packaging, labeling and addressing of outbound orders corresponds to customer specifications or other requirements.
- Count all products, compare to packing list(s) and check all shipments for damage.
- Report shortages, damages and mis-shipments on appropriate forms.
- Sign for inbound shipments when necessary.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to the proper storage locations.
- Efficiently and safely stack and store product in appropriate areas.
- Efficiently pick customer orders for shipment, ensuring that the correct number and type of product is picked.
- Assemble orders for shipment as necessary.
- Carry or transport orders to correct shipping locations.
- Stencil, tag, label or mark orders as required.
- Responsible for lifting multiple spools of electrical wire consistently throughout a 12-hour shift.
- Compare quantity, labeling and address with customer’s order to ensure outgoing shipments are complete and correct.
- Accept signature for outbound shipments as necessary.
- Efficiently move product into trailers or containers.
Cutting / Paralleling
- Responsible for loading unloading empty wooden reels and reels of electrical wire consistently throughout a 8-hour shift.
- Responsibility for the payoff and take up of the rewinding process of cutting/paralleling of wire to customer specifications.
- Responsible for stringing wire from the payoff through the counter to the take-up.
- This includes proper packaging, marking, and tagging to the customer specifications.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Follow company quality guidelines.
- Report quality variances.
- Use the company’s ISO Quality System documentation to help guide all daily quality activities.
- Maintain equipment in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on assigned equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Comply with OSHA and company standards.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
- Make key inventory adjustments on a computer.
- Repack or re-box cases per customer instructions.
- Repair and recoup damaged goods as required.
- Operate shrink-wrap machine.
- Charge forklift battery as needed; repair pallets when necessary; clean trailers and truck bays as requested.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed.
- Coordinate as necessary with all functional areas within the service center, especially Customer Service, Transportation and Maintenance.
- Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.
- Follow prescribed safety rules/procedures so as to prevent injury to self and others and to maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire area of responsibility.
- Seek the assistance and advice of safety representatives on matters concerning safe practices, policies and/or procedures and give personal support to all safety activities and procedures
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining security of the warehouse.
- Report issues and problems to Management.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Normal warehouse working conditions, 8-hour shifts.
- Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods.
- Must be able to twist, stoop, squat, reach above shoulder level and crouch on a frequent basis.
- Must be able to use proper techniques to lift 50-75 pounds.
- Must be able to use hands and feet simultaneously and for repetitive movements.
- When operating a forklift, may be constantly on and off of lift.
As a Warehouse Specialist, you will support our manufacturing operations by providing a full range of warehousing and logistics services to ensure fulfillment to customer and business expectation. Our warehouse specialists are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about getting things done. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team!
What you’ll do:
- Focus on excellent customer service and take pride in every order we fill for our customers
- Operate forklift to load and unload trucks and move material in the warehouse or plant
- Stage finished products
- Entering data using warehouse computer applications
- Perform all duties and specific projects as assigned in a safe and productive manner
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience operating a forklift
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Must have basic computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word, Data Entry, SAP desirable
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Meeting physical requirements, such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Possess extreme attention to detail, organization and accuracy
- The ability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.See Job Description
Southwire is one of the world’s leading developers, manufacturers and suppliers of building wire and utility cable, as well as the tools used in their installation. As such, we are continually improving our products, studying how they’re used in the field, and assessing the needs of our customers to find new and better ways to solve the problems facing the industry. We strive to ensure that every product we develop helps increase safety, improve productivity, reduce manpower, save time and save money — both on and off the jobsite. After all, we don’t just want to produce the most wire products. We want to produce the best wire products.
Warehouse Specialist 3rd Shift
Southwire | Villa Rica, Georgia
Order Filler - 2nd Shift
Southwire | Villa Rica, Georgia