Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department. Monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Direct all functions, duties and activities for the department. Support the daily functions of the Deli operations. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Communicate company and department information to associates
- Establish performance goals and empower associates to meet goals
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume during hours of operation
- Train and develop associates on performance and participate in the performance appraisal process
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws and company guidelines
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and store
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customers' requests using proper equipment
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items
- Inform customers of deli/bakery specials
- Provide customers with fresh products and the correct portion size to prevent shrink
- Recommend items to customers to ensure they get the products they want/need
- Use all equipment in deli/bakery according to company guidelines
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions
- Develop and implement a department business plan to achieve desired results
- Execute sales promotions in partnership with store management
- Educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions
- Implement the period promotional plan for the department
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads
- Monitor and control expenses for the department
- Assist management in preparing the store/department budget, profit and loss reviews, and take appropriate action
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions and note any discrepancies in inventory
- Schedule daily, weekly and monthly price changes by updating shelf tags and signs
- Train department associates on inventory/stocking and Computer Assisted Ordering
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers maintain temperature logs
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify management
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify management of any items in need of repair
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity to management
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
- High school education
- Management/Retail/Deli experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Nashville || 143 Mcgavock Pike || 37214 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.