Why an Appliance and Refrigeration Repair Technician career might be right for you:
- You like solving problems – Each repair is different. You enjoy diagnosing problems and figuring out solutions
- You like fixing things – Getting things working again is a satisfying outcome. You did that!
- You like helping others – You’re the hero of the home like a first responder, lifting the weight off the shoulders of grateful homeowners
- You like to be on the move – You’re not stuck at a desk all day – you are welcomed into customers’ homes
Why a career with Sears Home Services is right for you:
- Great hourly rates – $18 - $30 / hour base rate salary, depending on experience
- Benefits – Comprehensive set of medical, dental, and vision benefits, with an additional $4000 annual subsidy for associates with dependents!
- 401k match – Opportunity to contribute to 401k plan and beginning in Spring 2023 a 100% company match up to 3%.
- More ways to earn – Average technician earns $10,000 per year in performance bonuses & sales incentives. Top techs earn more than $100,000 annually
- Sign-on bonus – Potential up to $5,000 upfront sign-on bonus for technicians with experience!
- Flexible schedules – Sears’s techs are NOT on call. Choose 5, 8-hour shifts or 4,10-hour shifts (offered in most locations), whichever works better for you.
- Plentiful overtime opportunities – Our techs are in high demand. Supplement your income with additional hours!
- Year-round work – With Sears large scale and wide product range, Sears cross trains techs and keeps them busy year round
- Expert training – Best in class training program. Tens of thousands of repair techs trained by Sears Technical Institute in the past 60 years. We will teach you the skills you need to succeed!
- Peer mentoring – Onboarding buddy and mentor technicians to help you grow your skills
- Career advancement – Many ways to advance and cross-train to keep growing your career. Our average tenure is greater than 12 years!
- Easy tools – Sears provides company vehicle, uniforms, specialty tools, mobile phone & industry-leading app that eliminates paperwork and provides technical support
When it comes to your home, the house experts at Sears want you to know you don’t have to do it alone. Sears Home Services delivers solutions for your entire home, from appliance care to interior and exterior upgrades for your home. You can trust our experts to help take care of your house so you can enjoy your home.
For generations, people have relied on Sears for their appliance purchases, service, protection and parts. With more than 7 million repairs performed annually and thousands of professional technicians employed nationwide, Sears is the #1 appliance repair service in the country, delivering guaranteed quality and workmanship.
To ensure we have the right parts to fix your appliance, we use technology to diagnose problems before we arrive at your home. Whether you purchased your appliance at Sears or not, a Sears Appliance Expert can help. We provide repair and maintenance services for the following items, most major brands and models:
- Oven and cooktop
- Riding mower
- Snow blower
- Fitness equipment
- Heating and cooling systems
Sears Home Services has been making homes more comfortable and attractive for more than 30 years. We can refresh the interior of your home with a small change — like refaced cabinets or a new countertop — or with a big update like a remodeled bathroom or kitchen. Sears Home Services also does expert exterior home improvements, like new siding and windows. And we do free in-home consultations, provide a project coordinator who oversees all phases of the work and guarantee your satisfaction.
The experts from Sears Home Services offer these home improvements:
- Garage door and entry door installation
- Siding installation
- Window replacement
- Painting and coating (in select markets)
- Heating & cooling system replacement
- Bathroom remodeling
- Kitchen remodeling
- Cabinet replacement and refacing
- Flooring installation
- Countertop installation
HOME CLEANING AND REPAIRS
Sears Home Services has a variety of cleaning services to keep your house fresh, bright and healthy:
- Carpet cleaning, stain removal and stain protection
- Upholstery cleaning, stain removal and stain protection
- Air duct cleaning
- Dryer vent cleaning
- Tile and grout cleaning
- Air filtration and cleaning systems
In some areas, Sears Maid Service is available to clean your home or office. Sears maids can dust, clean floors, sanitize the bathroom and kitchen, make beds, wipe off fingerprints and more — choose the cleaning services you need. Sears maids are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can trust them in your home.
Sears also offers Handyman Services in some areas, for those little repairs and updates you don’t have time for or don’t know how to do:
- Drywall repair
- Flooring installation