$1,000 Sign-On Award eligible to qualified EXTERNAL candidates who have been presented with an offer of employment. Active NYCB employees are not eligible for this payment. Sign-On Award is payable following the completion of 6 months of employment with NYCB. Monetary awards of this nature are treated as supplemental income and taxed accordingly.
A Teller/Customer Service Rep. (Financial Services Associate) - SOS Unit travels between assigned branches in order to provide customers with high quality, prompt, and professional financial services. As a single point of contact, performs a variety of customer banking transactions and provides quality service to existing and new clients in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank. Participates in the development of client relationships by cross-selling banking products and services as appropriate.
- Travels between assigned branches as needed by Regional Management.
- Processes all customer related financial transactions in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank.
- Opens new accounts that include but are not limited to savings, checking, certificates and IRAs according to customer needs. Accurately prepares all required documents for completing the transaction.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to customers in person, by telephone and by mail on various accounts and other bank services. Assists customers with routine issues and refers to management staff if necessary.
- Assists in the achievement of branch sales goals by developing, setting and achieving personal sales and referral goals.
- Proactively solicits and promotes new business by actively selling Bank products, conducting sales activities and referring business to other units of the Bank.
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by identifying current and potential client needs and by cross-selling Bank products, participating in business development and CRA related activities.
- Processes various customer transactions including but not limited to cash, check and ATM deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, account closeouts, loan payments; issues bank checks, and U.S. Savings Bonds redemption. Balances cash drawer and prepares daily proof/settlement.
- Services customer accounts, executes changes of address, ATM claims, and all other account servicing requests.
- Opens vault and verifies cash shipments in conjunction with leadership team member. Assists with ATM settlement.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by utilizing Bank service standards.
- Performs special projects, and additional duties and responsibilities as required.
- Where applicable and when performing the responsibilities of the job, employees are accountable to maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and adhere to internal control policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail sales, customer service, cash handling experience preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a process-driven role handling credit or financial transactions such as; billing analyst at a medical facility, auto dealership, insurance practice or other comparable experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literate with general proficiency in an application such as; billing, invoicing, cash management or other workflow application.
- Customer service focused.
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel between assigned branches.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. is the parent company of Flagstar Bank, N.A., one of the largest regional banks in the country. We are headquartered in Hicksville, NY with regional headquarters in Troy, MI. Flagstar Bank, N.A. operates over 390 branches across nine states, including strong footholds in the Northeast and Midwest and exposure to high growth markets in the Southeast and West Coast. Through its Flagstar Mortgage division, the Company operates nationally through over 80 retail home lending offices and a wholesale network of approximately 3,000 third-party mortgage originators.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc., through its subsidiary bank, Flagstar Bank, N.A., has deep roots in two major markets; the Northeast, specifically, New York City, and in Michigan. The Company, founded in 1859 as the Queens County Savings Bank - the first savings bank chartered by the state of NY in the New York City Borough of Queens, went public in 1993 and has grown organically and through a series of accretive mergers and acquisitions, culminating in its recent acquisition of Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. on December 1, 2022.
Flagstar Bank’s origins date back to 1987 in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan when it was known as First Security Savings Bank. It was chartered as a federal savings bank in 1987 and adopted the Flagstar name in 1996, reflecting a series of acquisitions of its own. Flagstar has a retail presence in four Mid-western states and in California, while its mortgage division conducts business nationally.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. has market-leading positions in several national businesses, including multi-family lending, mortgage origination and servicing, and warehouse lending. The Company is the second-largest multi-family portfolio lender in the country and the leading multi-family portfolio lender in the New York City market area, where it specializes in rent-regulated, non-luxury apartment buildings. Flagstar Mortgage is the 7th largest bank originator of residential mortgages for the 12-months ending September 30, 2022, and the industry’s 5th largest sub-servicer of mortgage loans nationwide, servicing 1.4 million accounts. Additionally, the Company is the 2nd largest mortgage warehouse lender nationally based on total commitments.
We believe in cultivating a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace that engages employees, broadens perspectives, and teamwork. We are proud to bring Military Personnel into our workplace.
We encourage you to learn more about us, and our employment opportunities and thank you for your interest in Flagstar Bank.
Teller/Customer Service Rep-Float
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Hauppauge, New York
Teller/Customer Service Rep-Float
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Amityville, New York
Teller/Customer Service Rep - Float
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Freeport, New York
Teller/Customer Service Rep
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Yonkers, New York
Teller/Customer Service Rep PT
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Garden City South, New York
TellerCustomer Service Rep-PT
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Brookhaven, New York
Teller Customer Service Rep PT
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Roslyn, New York
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Merrick, New York
Teller/Customer Service Rep
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | Bay Shore, New York
Teller / Customer Service-PT
Flagstar Bank, N.A. | West Babylon, New York