Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct photo shoots that effectively drive sales and desired results using the principles of marketing and retail sales. Assist in enhancing department vision and strategies by creating strong imagery and a customer experience making Fred Meyer Jewelers current and relevant in the retail jewelry industry. Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model Customer 1st behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Maintain consistent brand communication throughout family of print and online marketing projects
- Collaborate with art direction managers and design team to design and implement advertising campaigns
- Develop creative solutions for driving customer engagement with brand through advertising and in-store point-of-sale
- Communicate with photographers and stylists to create clean, modern product images
- Keep up-to-date with current design trends, software, and technology
- Collaborate with design team to develop and maintain consistent branding
- Communicate expectations and standards to photographers and stylists; check work to verify standards are met
- Provide photo art direction and oversee photo shoots
- Assist with training of designers
- Oversee review of layouts and finals for correctness and completeness
- Work closely with copywriters to develop concepts and to produce finished work
- Maintain flexibility to work any shift, including weekends on an occasional basis
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in art, graphic design or related degree, plus 5+ years of experience in print and layout design or retail catalog work; or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Strong portfolio displaying examples of retail design
- Excellent design skills and experience with production graphics, image manipulation, typography, layout and color
- Knowledge of photography, working multiple bays and shoot production a plus
- Current on apparel/fashion and home/fashion and décor industry including global and consumer trends
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts
- Ability to understand and work within specific brand guidelines
- Valid driver's license
- General understanding of retail ad layout processes
- Strong written and presentation skills; comfortable working directly with clients
- High attention to detail and able to solve visual design challenges
- Strong understanding of social media, print design, and mobile application design
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer Jewelers policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Experience directing and participating on project teams
- Prior retail or agency experience
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: Driver's License
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Oregon; Washington
Keywords: Graphic Design, Photography, Lay outs, Creative, Artistic, Hybrid
Jobs at Fred Meyer Jewelers: Based in Portland, Oregon, Fred Meyer Jewelers offers employment opportunities in Sales, Store Management, Regionals Supervision as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise, store operations, marketing, eCommerce and administrative support. We are always searching for individuals who share our vision of: turning life's occasions into celebrations with a timeless gift of fine jewelry. If you want to help make fine jewelry as relevant, exciting and accessible to as many people possible every day, you have found a home and the right opportunity with Fred Meyer Jewelers.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Portland || 3800 S.E. 22Nd Ave. || 97202 || Fred Meyer and Littman Jewelers || None || Jewelry; Customer Service; Marketing || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || Driver's License
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Kroger | Vancouver, Washington
Kroger | Tualatin, Oregon
Kroger | Tualatin, Oregon
Kroger | Tigard, Oregon
Kroger | Gresham, Oregon
Kroger | Beaverton, Oregon
Kroger | Vancouver, Washington