The Role – What You’ll Do
- Monitor projects from initiation to delivery, including planning, and scheduling
- Research and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to provide insights to the product group, and provide task-specific support where required
- Develop detailed product feature specifications and ensure they’re clearly understood by relevant teams
- Plan and prioritize product feature/ user story backlog and development for the product with influence from senior team members
- Work closely with the development team to ensure backlog alignment with product vision and strategy
- Support the product-release plans and set expectations for delivery of new features or functionalities
- Serve as product ambassador / champion internally and externally, sharing knowledge and answering questions, collaborate with cross functional teams
- Support all stages of the product life cycle and evaluate progress at each stage; clearly define all project constraints
- Visualize problems and flows to assist solutioning team and business team with product understanding
- Remain up to date on trends and standard methodologies for agile project management
- Be proactive in communicating feedback to the leadership team to improve and evolve the quality of products
- Minimum 5 years of financial services experience with at least 3 years of Consumer Banking or management consulting, demonstrating deep understanding of Product Management subject area.
- Strong expertise in one or more domain areas such as consumer lending, core banking, customer service management, contact management etc.
- In-depth knowledge of agile methodology for project management
- Able to handle ambiguity and make decisions with uncertain or little data
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and change direction quickly
- Able to communicate effectively in a global environment and present findings with confidence, backed up by data and research
- Experience building communication pipelines with customers, developers, quality assurance and other stakeholders
- Experience with writing user stories for Scrum delivery teams
- Experience with prioritization techniques for product backlog prioritization
- Understanding of business value related to features and functions
- Leadership and presentation abilities, sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) with specific ability to translate detailed technical concepts to non-technical audience and business concepts to a non-business audience
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with ability to establish relationships at senior management levels
- SAFe or Scrum certification as product owner is highly desirable
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree
- U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor currently.
- Location flexibility enabling our consultants to implement engagements while being based in their preferred location
- Flexible “Work from Home” policies and robust infrastructure support enabling uninterrupted remote access to work
- Internal training & leadership programs complemented by industry recognized certifications for re-skilling and upskilling
- Formal counselor-counselee system aiding and driving well rounded career growth
- Dedicated mentorship programs, driven by the firm’s women leaders for select women consultants, to drive acclimatization and create future-ready leaders
- Return to Work program to ensure smooth transition for career returners, help new parents, and improve work flexibility
- Collaborative and open work environment for to share professional experiences and learn, and define their own success paths
- This job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee
Infosys Consulting is a global management consulting firm helping some of the world’s most recognizable brands transform and innovate. Our consultants are industry experts that lead complex change agendas driven by innovative technology. With offices in 20 countries and backed by the power of the global Infosys brand, our teams help the C-suite navigate today’s digital landscape to win market share and create shareholder value for lasting competitive advantage. To see our ideas in action, or to join a new type of consulting firm, visit us at www.InfosysConsultingInsights.com
Infosys is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, spouse of protected veteran, or disability.
Infosys was started in 1981 by seven people with $250. Today, we are a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing with revenues of $7.126 billion (LTM Q2 FY13). Many of the world’s most successful organizations rely on Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow’s enterprise.
Our award-winning Infosys Labs and its breakthrough intellectual property can be leveraged as a co-creation engine to accelerate innovation across the enterprise.
Infosys pioneered the Global Delivery Model (GDM), based on the principle of taking work to the location where the best talent is available, where it makes the best economic sense, with the least amount of acceptable risk. Continued leadership around GDM enables Infosys to drive extraordinary efficiencies and free up clients’ resources for strategic transformation or innovation initiatives.
Infosys has a global footprint with 66 offices and 69 development centers in US, India, China, Australia, Japan, Middle East, UK, Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland, Canada and many other countries. Infosys and its subsidiaries have 153,761 employees as on Sep 30, 2012.
Infosys takes pride in building strategic long-term client relationships. 98.2% of our revenues come from existing customers (Q2 FY 13).
Infosys gives back to the community through the Infosys Foundation that funds learning and education.
Associate - Business Consulting
Infosys Limited | , California