Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:;
The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty.; Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
Maintaining Safe ; Secure Environments:
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.; Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.;;
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.;;
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to after-hours alarms when requested.
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and merchandised to standard.
- Responsible for daily trash removal.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in assigned area.
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as needed.
- Responsible for re-wraps as needed.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor, Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention awareness.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.; Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card information and merchandise.
- Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained properly.
- Conducts â€œCode 50â€ package inspections.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by minimizing steps and extra touches when working. Ensures Associates are executing to Company standards at the Front End.
- Maintains pace, energy and â€œpresenceâ€ at the Front End, managing the line to expedite; Customers wait time
- Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and productivity standards.
- Controls Retail Associatesâ€™ break schedule for backups, lunches and breaks.
- Ensures all equipment is working properly.
- Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End area.
- Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security tagged and ticketed.
- Teaches all Associates the â€œScan and Bagâ€ best practice.
- Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle tables, Menâ€™s/Womenâ€™s 4-way features, and specialty racks.
- Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting Rooms.
- Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted for to Company policy.;
- Ensures go-back compliance throughout the day.; All merchandise returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and security tagged as needed.
- Ensures Cash pulls and bank deposits are conducted to Company policy.
- Responsible for Front End control when needed. Understands and adheres to the policies and procedures that refer to refund approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and break schedules.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns ; Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability ; Execution
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and PC as required.
Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and moving around the Store.
Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and stoop.
Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and other assigned supplies.
Certain assignments may require other qualifications and skills.
Associates who work Stockroom shifts:; ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 20 lbs.
Stockroom Leads (where applicable)
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position.; It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities.; Contents are subject to change at managementâ€™s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Companyâ€™s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.
The base pay range for this role is Vacation Pay accrued at a rate of 10 days/year after eligibility commences, 9 Personal and Company Holidays. AS, ASM and SM Associates in Stores and Exempt Corporate and Buying Office roles are also eligible to receive a Bonus based on individual and business performance.
The base pay range for this role is $17.54 - $18.04. The base pay range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
At Ross Stores, we’ve found that transitioning service members, veterans and military spouses are a great fit for our culture and have the qualities we seek in our Associates. We offer many points of entry, across our entire organization, depending on your service, experience, and interests. We’ll give you a career, a challenge, and a place to call home.
Veterans are comfortable with a culture that focuses on leadership, execution and problem solving, as well as our commitment to providing actionable feedback.
We offer a similar experience to the structure of the military, with an emphasis on control, policy and protocol.
Like the military, we offer many training opportunities through our targeted learning programs and on-the-job training.
We offer the flexibility to control your career by relocating across our many locations for new opportunities.
Our organization is expanding rapidly, which creates many opportunities for individuals who have the desire to grow their career with us.
Whether in one of our Distribution Centers, Stores, Buying Offices or Corporate office, you will find yourself amongst peers that include other veterans and military spouses.
Ross Stores, Inc. | Los Angeles, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Placentia, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Diamond Bar, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Long Beach, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Long Beach, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Fountain Valley, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Azusa, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | San Dimas, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | La Mirada, California
Ross Stores, Inc. | Torrance, California