Minimum Pay Range:14.59
Maximum Pay Range:22.15
Essential Job Functions:
- Cashier/Checker is responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Cashiers process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Checkers understand the Point of Sale (POS) system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Checker needs to understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Cashier needs to understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (Alcohol, Tobacco, DVDs)
- Report pricing discrepancies to the Scan Coordinator.
- Follow established policies and procedures (where applicable) for postage stamps, gift cards, and coupons.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions, accidents, or issues and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Customer service experience
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Customer service experience
- Prior experience as a Bagger or Courtesy Clerk
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, and safety of others.
The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Associate discounts
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Day
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.