Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Backup the department manager and successfully oversee the department in the manager's absence, mastering the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) including merchandising, order guides, scheduling, contribution to profit, people development and customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Welcome, serve and assist customers to provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient utilization of labor.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure opening/closing procedures are followed according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Operate equipment (e.g., knives, pallet jack, forklift, flatbed, box cutter and pricing gun) according to company guidelines.
- Walk the sales floor to ensure customers are receiving an outstanding shopping experience.
- Ensure the backrooms are in order according to SOP's.
- Provide the final nightly check out to the manager on duty.
- Ensure all receiving procedures are adhered to appropriately and that all price changes and in-store transfers occur in a timely fashion when the department manager is absent.
- Ensure all products are culled daily and that unsellable product on the sales floor is removed and disposed of.
- Ensure proper cold chain procedures are adhered to at all times, including delivery to the store, storage, stocking, and holding on the sales floor.
- Follow all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage and product packaging.
- Perform stocking duties, ensure correct placement of stock and refill displays.
- Perform cutting, wrapping and preparation of greens and fruit baskets.
- Follow all company and department policies and SOPs.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Maintain ability to work all shifts and flexibility to relocate to another store location.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, lifting and carrying objects 5 to 80 lbs. and pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000 lbs.; occasionally crawl, climb ladders and walk on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma/GED, 1+ years' retail experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Good math skills; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Milwaukee || 2355 N. 35th Street || 53210 || Roundy's || None || Produce/Floral || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Kroger | Waterford, Wisconsin
Kroger | Oak Creek, Wisconsin
Kroger | Brookfield, Wisconsin
Kroger | Grafton, Wisconsin
Kroger | Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Kroger | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kroger | Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kroger | Sussex, Wisconsin
Kroger | Waukesha, Wisconsin
Kroger | West Milwaukee, Wisconsin