Location: USA VA McLean - Customer Proprietary (VAC036)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ137390
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
US Citizenship Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Local Courier joining our team to support our customer activities at McLean, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Local Courier, you will be trusted to work independently and deliver agile solutions. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Maintaining good communication with the team
- Pace of work will vary day to day depending on requirements
- Provide daily courier service between the mail rooms and to/from other government agencies (OGAs) located within Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area (WMA)
- Couriers will drive-in all-weather conditions
- Operate independently with minimal supervision as singletons or in 2-person teams, dependent upon item sensitivity and volume being transported
- Couriers drive vehicles ranging from SUVs, mini-vans, cargo vans, and box/straight trucks with 20-to-24-foot cargo beds
- Courier routes typically range between 3 to 15 stops per day
- Courier schedule is from 9:00am to 5:30pm, with occasional after-hour courier requirements
- Courier must participate in weekly rotational on-call duties
- Duties include ensuring safe and secure transport of documents and/or materials, entering information and processing accountings into various databases and completing other job-related duties
- Duties generally consist of processing documents and/or materials and readies them for distribution; receives and sorts materials according to correct office/organization for daily delivery; packages and properly marks materials prior to transport and delivery; ensures safe and secure transport of documents/materials within sponsor and OGAs throughout the WMA; distributes materials; collects authorized signature from addressee upon delivery; organizes daily runs to ensure expeditious, efficient and timely deliveries; anticipating and planning for alternative routes; ensures sponsor security regulations are followed at all times; completes entries into and monitors a tracking database for daily activities; scans all material into the document control system to ensure accountability; scans signed receipts upon return to ensure accountability transfer and delivery verification; receives requests for deliveries via phone calls, electronic mail, or in-person requests; communicates with other couriers regarding status of deliveries and any changes to routes; modifies schedule as new requests for courier services are received; performs other duties of the office as assigned
- Couriers occasionally use airline travel and rental cars to pick up and/or deliver small size materials at locations within the continental US. Trips outside the WMA are typically less than ten (10) times in one year, with durations of same day out/same day back, or one day out and next day back
- Couriers must seek to develop and maintain positive rapport with co-workers, customers and managers
- HS Diploma
- 2 years of experience
- Able to obtain TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Candidate should have the ability to move material and/or upload/download trucks by hand or by using material handling equipment (ie. forklifts or pallet jacks)
- Candidate must be able to lift things weighing up to 70 lbs
- Work includes physical requirements such as lifting courier bags, briefcases, and boxes of material, and moving the larger/heavier material via handcarts as necessary
- Couriers must hold and maintain a valid driver's license
- Couriers must be willing to work additional hours, as required, to meet weekly sponsor courier requirements that may take place before or after core hours
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- A culture of mobility to foster your career growth goals
- Education and training opportunities
- Supporting a mission that is important to leverage technology and deliver agile solutions while working in a team-oriented environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
Local Courier I TS/SCI w/Poly
General Dynamics | Mc Lean, Virginia
Local Courier I TS/SCI
General Dynamics | Mc Lean, Virginia
Motor Vehicle Operator II - TS/SCI
General Dynamics | Mc Lean, Virginia