Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and assist with monitoring all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Follow the established uniform and grooming policies.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items (for example tobacco).
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold at the Fuel Center, and assisting them with issues at the Fuel stations.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise. Build displays for seasonal items/products.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions. Notify Manager of low or out of stock items.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Maintain state, local and company compliance reports and logs.
- Process fuel, merchandise, and lottery sales quickly and accurately.
- Perform cashier functions, including opening/closing register, ringing sales, completing tender transactions, and money drops.
- Comply with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions to management.
- Follow opening and closing procedures for Fuel center.
- Maintain till according to company policy.
- Comply with safety procedures and report unsafe conditions to management.
- Complete incident and security reports.
- Clean up spills and complete Fuel Spill Report.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency plans numbers and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of department.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Complete daily inspection.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Retail experience
- Second language (speaking, reading and/or writing)
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Day
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH || Columbus || 1375 Chambers Rd || 43212 || Kroger Stores || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Kroger | Grove City, Ohio
Kroger | Marysville, Ohio
Kroger | Columbus, Ohio
Kroger | Columbus, Ohio
Kroger | Powell, Ohio
Kroger | Lewis Center, Ohio
Kroger | Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Kroger | New Albany, Ohio
Kroger | Pataskala, Ohio
Kroger | Dublin, Ohio