Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow, and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Where You'll be Working
The individual selected for this role will be expected to work at Store #5142, located at:
1460 Prospect St, Trenton, 08638.
How You'll Perform the Role
- Support the sales efforts at a Sherwin-Williams commercial paint store, servicing wholesale customers.
- Assist customers in person and over the phone by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services.
- Ensure that sales transactions are completed accurately, maintaining accurate work order files and formulas, pulling appropriate products from the sales floor or warehouse, and tinting and mixing them to customer specifications.
- Stock shelves and set up displays, clean store equipment, and load and unload trucks.
- May assist in making deliveries if necessary.
Our Must Haves - These are our Basic Qualifications, hit apply if you meet all of them!
- 18 years of age or older
- Legally authorized to work in country of employment without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status, now or in the future
- Be able to distinguish the difference between colors, a skill used when color matching paint, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness to work all scheduled hours, which may include evenings and weekends, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Operate material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, etc.) safely once trained, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to converse fluently in Spanish & English in order to service Spanish-speaking & English-speaking customers and their product needs
Extras to Help you Stand Out - These are not required for you to be eligible to apply.
- Prior work experience in sales or customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED)
- Valid driver's license
What is the Process to get Started?
Step 1 - Online Application
- Find the role(s) that interest you on our Careers page: https://jobsearch.sherwin.com/
- Set aside 15 minutes to create your profile by entering or importing your details from one of our job board partners
Step 2 - Digital Interview
- Upon review of your application, qualified candidates will be invited to complete a digital video interview via HireVue, our interview partner. The interview will consist of a few behavioral based questions
- You'll be able to record and complete your video interview anytime, anywhere! While you can complete this video interview on your own schedule, we ask that this step be completed within 14 days of receiving an invitation
Step 3 - In-Store Interview
- Your video interview is reviewed by our Recruitment team and our top candidates are invited to meet with our team in a store, specialty wholesale branch, floorcovering facility or delivery service terminal.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for passionate and innovative transitioning military service members, veterans and spouses to join our growing team. We look for candidates who can align with our core values of Integrity, Service, People, Quality, Growth, Innovation and Performance to ensure we stay true to our mission.
Who We Are
With stores, distribution centers and facilities spanning the globe, we are able to deliver the best in paints, coatings and related products to customers around the world. From our headquarters to our 130 distribution centers and more than 4,000 retail locations, we continue to grow in new and exciting ways.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all protected statuses, including disability and Veteran.
Should I Apply?
At Sherwin-Williams, we believe there are many paths to success. We provide you with the opportunity to utilize the skills you gained from serving and drive us forward. We will give you the space to share your strengths and show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click “Apply Now” on a Sherwin-Williams job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on the career page. To be considered for next steps, please complete the application on the Sherwin-Williams career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Sherwin-Williams reviews your resume and profile, a team member may contact you with more information and to schedule an interview.
The Sherwin-Williams Company | Berlin Township, New Jersey
The Sherwin-Williams Company | Spring House, Pennsylvania
The Sherwin-Williams Company | Howell, New Jersey
The Sherwin-Williams Company | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The Sherwin-Williams Company | Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
The Sherwin-Williams Company | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania