Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt / Non-union
Fred Meyer Jewelers sales professionals are welcoming, friendly, understanding, caring, dynamic, driven, and creative individuals who believe what they are doing every day makes a difference in achieving the same, ideal customer experience. Sales professionals achieve personal sales targets by turning every one of our customers life's meaningful moments into a celebration worth remembering by offering a fine jewelry experience that is approachable, special and lasting. Our sales professionals engage customers in such a manner as to create a desire for and make our products as relevant, exciting and accessible to as many people as possible every day. We provide training on sales techniques, product knowledge, and skills to help you, our sales professionals, be successful and create a refreshing and uplifting shopping experience for our customers.Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model Customer 1st behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Achieve personal targets that drive sales (e.g., credit applications and protection plan attachment rates)
- Promote Diamond Parties and special events with every customer
- Work with teammates towards store goals, creating a positive working atmosphere, and supporting each other to combine individual strengths to enhance team performance
- Foster life-long emotional connections with customers by clienteling
- Provide product knowledge, features and benefits to all customers when presenting merchandise
- Advise customers on quality, cuts, and/or value of jewelry and gems and assist in selecting mountings and/or settings for gems
- Attend required monthly meetings
- Operate point of sale (POS) and take payment or obtain credit authorization
- Inspect and clean customers' jewelry
- Provide estimates for jewelry and watch repairs
- Perform watch battery replacements and watch band adjustments
- Follow receiving and processing procedures
- Display merchandise and promotional materials in accordance with corporate merchandising plans
- Perform business opening and closing procedures as outlined in Policy and Procedures Guide
- Perform basic housekeeping, such as vacuuming carpet, cleaning display surfaces, cleaning merchandise, and washing windows
- Maintain safety and security of location by following all Loss Prevention and Security policy and procedures
- Participate in the inventory process
- Complete case counts
- Maintain flexibility to work any shift, including weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Commitment to excellence, desire to grow and ability to provide refreshing shopping experience
- Goal oriented and sales driven and passion to succeed
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Sales, retail and/or jewelry experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: Sales, Retail, Customer Service, Jewelry, Professional, Commission, Jewelers, Full time
Jobs at Fred Meyer Jewelers: Based in Portland, Oregon with over 325 stores across the United States, Fred Meyer Jewelers offers employment opportunities in Sales, Store Management, Regionals Supervision as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise, store operations, marketing, eCommerce, real estate development and administrative support. We are always searching for individuals who share our vision of: turning life's occasions into celebrations with a timeless gift of fine jewelry. If you want to help make fine jewelry as relevant, exciting and accessible to as many people possible every day, you have found a home and the right opportunity with Fred Meyer Jewelers.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Salem || 3450 Commercial St Se || 97302 || Fred Meyer and Littman Jewelers || None || Jewelry; Customer Service; Retail Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.