In this position, associates will be expected to accompany drivers on deliveries to help lift and carry product as well as systemically update orders via handheld. These associates are responsible for a wide range of tasks including, but not limited to: loading, unloading, lifting, and transporting merchandise in order to serve our customers. Associates will be required to interact with warehouse leaders and associates, store leaders and associates, and customers. Driver helpers will be required to train to be Non-CDL drivers and drive for 20% of their time.
- 80% Delivering Product to Our Customers - Accompany drivers on local delivery routes; Communicate delivery updates to customers and stores; Load the truck in an efficient manner for unload and confirming customer orders; Climb in and out of delivery cab to accommodate customer deliveries throughout the day; Perform overtime as required in order to accomplish deliveries and maintain customer satisfaction; Obtain delivery confirmation via manual or electronic methods; Become subject matter experts on handheld device; Ensure all systemic updates to orders are accurate and timely
- 20% Driving - Drive a non-CDL vehicle (box truck or van less than 26,000 lbs.) to complete deliveries to customers
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This Position typically reports to Home Depot DC Transportation Manager
- This Position has 0 Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
- Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- As a Driver Helper, you must be a team player with excellent customer service skills and the commitment to succeed. Qualified candidates are self-motivated, responsible, highly organized, and able to multitask in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Other requirements of the Driver Helper include:
- Valid, active Class C Driver's License
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to load and unload heavy items up to 70 lbs.
- Must pass DOT physical, criminal check and drug screen
- Provide Customer Satisfaction Postcard to customer after completion of delivery and thank them for being a Home Depot customer
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- No additional education
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Situational Adaptability
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
When it was founded in 1978 by Bernie Marcus and Arthur Blank, The Home Depot began changing consumers’ perspectives about how they could care for and improve their homes. The Company created the “do-it-yourself” concept, spawning an entire industry that now spans the globe.
Today, The Home Depot® is the world's largest home improvement specialty retailer, with more than 2,200 retail stores in the United States (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands), Canada, Mexico and China. The Home Depot’s stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HD) and is included in the Dow Jones industrial average and Standard & Poor's 500 index.