Challenging Today. Reinventing Tomorrow.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
At Jacobs, we challenge the status quo and redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, transforming big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow Your Impact:
The Test Facilities Operation, Maintenance and Engineering (TFOME) contract at the NASA Glenn Research Center providesengineering and technical services in the aeropropulsion and space propulsion and power test facilities. TFOMEmanagement is dedicated to excellence in service and to providing outstanding technical opportunities for our employees. We specialize in providing unique products and services to NASA Glenn. We are currently seeking candidates to join our team that will be providing facility and test engineering support as part of the TFOME contract at NASA Glenn Research in the aeronautics testing areas.
FUNCTION OF POSITION
Performs a scope of work involving study, design, implementation, and/or project management of a wide variety of electrical, instrumentation, control, and data systems for facilities, test related apparatus, and specialty hardware and software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Designs and develops electronic integrated circuits, controls, data and instrumentation hardware, subsystems, and systems for specialty process systems, aerospace hardware, and test rigs. Integrates pressure, temperature, cryogenic temperature sensors, flow, stress-strain, proximity and level measurement devices into process systems and test hardware.
2) Provides technical expertise for programming, setup, maintaining, and troubleshooting PC/Unix based systems, data acquisition systems, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
3) Provides technical direction to electronics technicians and electricians in the installation, checkout, calibration, troubleshooting and operation of electrical, controls, data, and instrumentation hardware and systems.
4) Develops, and updates schematics, drawings, calibration documentation, technical procedures, and quality control (ISO 9001) documentation.
5) Prepares purchase requisitions and hardware/software specifications for electronic/electrical equipment. Evaluates vendor proposals and provides technical recommendations for procurement.
6) Support large and small scale test operations including operations of control, instrumentation, and data systems.
7) Designs and maintains communication networks running over TCP/IP.
8) Provide support for training of other engineers and technicians.
9) Develops plans and requirements for upgrading and maintaining facility Data Acquisition Systems and software.
10) Provides support for special tasks involving detailed engineering analyses.
11) Develops presentations, and presents at or can be expected to be a part of design reviews, safety reviews, and other technical presentations.
12) Responsible for integration of controls and instrumentation into PLC hardware and software.
13) Responsible for design and specification of instrumentation, signal conditioning equipment, and integration with data acquisition systems. Here’s What You’ll Need:
The ideal candidates will have a B.S. degree or higher in Electrical or Electronic Engineering/Engineering Technology.Knowledge of combustion facilities, rotating machinery, fuels and fuel handling, process systems, hydraulic systems and the operation of wind tunnels or propulsion test facilities a plus!
Communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to work effectively in a team environment are essential.
Because of the nature of the testing, some shift and/or weekend work will be required.
COVID-19 Regulations: As a federal government contractor, we comply with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19 regulations, including COVID-19 vaccinations and testing requirements. This means that our employees and new hires, whether working at a customer site, or working remotely, will need to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements. These requirements may include vaccination, attestations regarding your vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, and you may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative test results as a condition of your employment. Requests for an accommodation will be reviewed and assessed under applicable laws and regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
A. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Visual and physical contact of system hardware and installed equipment. Multiple workstation assignments (office, test facility, control room, laboratory, shops, etc.). Transportation of notebooks, drawings, forms, etc. required. Responsibility for transport and control of proprietary information. Ability to hear normal conversation in a control room environment. One eye (minimum) correctable to 20/20. Ability to distinguish eight colors on basic panel displays. Some climbing and lifting may be required.
B. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is accomplished in offices, control rooms, shops, and in and around test facility buildings. Must be able to use respiratory protection in confined spaces. High noise levels may be encountered in some work areas. Participation in GRC’s Hearing Conservation Program may be required.
C. EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASK
Office and facility equipment includes computers, calculators, electronic instruments, mechanical instruments, and miscellaneous precision measuring devices. Use of laser equipment may be required.
D. CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCE
Work assignments are usually during normal work hours, but flexibility is frequently necessary to support meetings, test schedules, and test operations. Testing may occur any day or time of day, depending on the schedule and test requirements, and may require working off-shifts or weekends. Attendance as dictated by the tasks assigned is required to maintain team effectiveness.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
See Job Description