Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Backup the department manager and successfully oversee the department in the manager's absence, mastering the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) including merchandising, order guides, scheduling, contribution to profit, people development and customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly/efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely mannerEnsure opening/closing procedures are followed according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Operate equipment (e.g., meat cutter, saw, grinder, knives, box cutter, and pricing gun) according to company guidelines.
- Ensure proper staffing to address service levels and efficient utilization of labor.
- Ensure all price changes/in-store transfers occur timely in the managers' absence.
- Ensure storage/code dating standard operating procedures are adhered to for all products.
- Ensure the proper cold chain procedure is adhered to at all times, including delivery to the store, storage, stocking and holding on the sales floor.
- Follow all merchandising guidelines, including display models, signage and product packaging.
- Ensure removal and disposal of un-sellable product from the department.
- Prepare meat for sale, including cutting, sawing, boning, trimming, grinding and wrapping; adhere to trim and thickness standards.
- Perform stocking duties and ensure correct placement and refilling of product.
- Follow all company and department policies and SOPs.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Maintain ability to work all shifts and flexibility to relocate to another store location.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, and stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects 5 to 90 lbs. and pushing/pulling objects 200 to 2,000. Occasionally crawl, climb ladders and walk on uneven ground.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma/GED, 1+ years retail experience or equivalent education/experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Good math skills; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Must be a fully qualified meat cutter
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Westchester || 3020 Wolf Rd || 60154 || Mariano's || None || Meat/Seafood || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Meat Lead - 501
Kroger | Arlington Heights, Illinois
Meat Lead - 535
Kroger | Orland Park, Illinois
Meat Lead - 520
Kroger | Chicago, Illinois
Meat Lead - 506
Kroger | Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Meat Lead - 507
Kroger | Chicago, Illinois
Meat Lead - 538
Kroger | Chicago, Illinois
Meat Lead - 531
Kroger | Skokie, Illinois
Meat Lead - 513
Kroger | Wheaton, Illinois
Meat Lead - 528
Kroger | Westchester, Illinois
Deli Lead - 541
Kroger | Des Plaines, Illinois