Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking an experienced professional Lead Satellite Test and Integration/Systems Engineer to support various satellite, GPS, and ground station programs.
Lead Satellite Test & Integration Systems Engineer responsibilities:
• Developing test plans and experiment designs to measure time transfer and position determination accuracy of an RF system. Experiments design will include test equipment specification and selection, integration of test equipment into the measurement system.
• Development of automatic test scripts; and integration of the measurement system into various test platforms (vehicles).
• Additional experiments to measure ambient noise will be conducted and the successful candidate will be required to design the measurement setup, oversee equipment procurement, integrate the measurement system, and conduct noise measurements
• Design system test architecture and procedures to include system level (end-to-end) and subsystem level procedures. Coordinate test execution activities with internal and external customers. (Ensure proper integration and test implementation and execution, including test / sell off.
Drive the full lifecycle effort across all Engineering domains with a focus on development, modeling and analysis, system functionality, and customer satisfaction.
• Directly interact with the Customer focusing on operational issues including test execution, analysis and troubleshooting of system level anomalies, providing in depth analyses of satellite earth station performance, as well as design, cost, and schedule tradeoffs
• Attend/participate in Preliminary and Critical Design, Technical Exchange meetings, and Test Readiness Reviews
• Key member of Test Planning Working Group
• Bachelors Science in an Engineering discipline along with 8+ years of relevant experience, or a Master with 6+ years of relevant experience.
• Experience with National Instrument LabView or equivalent test automation software is required. Experience with test plan development, experiment design, and field measurements will be considered relevant.
• The candidate must have experience in satellite communications ground station design or RF performance, antenna tracking, and support systems using COTS products.
• Ability to obtain or maintain Public Trust
• Experience with laboratory equipment including Rubidium Frequency standards, GPS time servers, and Time Increment Counters is desired.
• Design of experiments to measure time accuracy and position accuracy is desired. Systems engineering knowledge with an emphasis on RF and Microwave systems analyses. Experience with GPS, including familiarity with GPS signal structure, modulation, Code Carrier Coherence, and Correlation Loss is strongly preferred.
• This job will average approximately 25% travel to test locations in the western United States including Washington, Nevada, and Montana.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
At Leidos, quality performance means two things:
- Satisfying our customers by delivering the products and services they need on time and in budget.
- Continuously improving our processes so that our work meets requirements and is done right the first time.
Our proprietary EngineeringEdge® solution gives us a consistent, company-wide approach to planning, designing, developing, and delivering solutions that achieve our customers’ goals. Comprehensive and customizable, EngineeringEdge is based on industry standards and best practices from:
- CMMI®, the CMMI Institute.
- Project Management, the Project Management Institute.
- the International Organization for Standardization (ISO®).
- the International Council on Systems Engineering/INCOSE Corporation.
- Electronic Industries Alliance.
- Our four decades experience on a wide range of programs.
Many Leidos organizations have been able to earn coveted CMMI maturity level 3 and higher, as well as ISO 9001 organizational designations.
In addition, we have our own high standards for ethics and performance. Investors : Employee Code of Conduct
What does this mean to our clients? High quality products and services, developed in an environment committed to continuously improving processes and uncompromising ethics.
Systems Integration Engineer
Leidos | Gaithersburg, Maryland
Job Posting Title Space/Satellite Systems Engineer with SIGINT Experience
General Dynamics | Chantilly, Virginia
Leidos | Bowie, Maryland
Senior FPGA Developer
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. | Severn, Maryland
FPGA DSP Firmware Design Engineer
Leidos | Arlington, Virginia
Systems Engineer - Active TS Clearance Required!
Leidos | Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Chief Electrical Engineer
Leidos | Arlington, Virginia
Space Science Engineer
Amentum | Arlington, Virginia
Automated Test Engineer
Leidos | Chantilly, Virginia
Leidos | Reston, Virginia