Experience operational excellence. Real investment in personal and professional development. And an ability to make real and beneficial change. The Distribution Centers at Ulta Beauty are a place where lived values meet next-generation advancements to create competitive advantage few can match.
If you want to learn in a supportive and ever-evolving environment. If you value managers who aren't afraid to lead by rolling up their sleeves. If you seek stability, growth opportunities and the rewards that come with industry leadership, apply your talents and passions in ways that take us to even greater heights.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The DC Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for supporting our Dallas, TX Distribution Center operations in maintaining all the equipment to ensure minimal downtime and thus minimizing customer service interruption. This includes addressing emergency breakdowns with minimal downtime, developing a staff of mechanics and electricians to provide adequate coverage for operations, implementing a sound maintenance program, having a stock of cataloged critical spare parts and source for less-than-critical parts locally. In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership and technical guidance for the maintenance operations in other facilities with same support culture, approach, strategy and execution as detailed above.
The systems in the facility includes building maintenance, repair and building services, performing corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance procedures to material handling equipment, controls systems, employee scanning equipment, conveyor systems, rack and order picking structures as well as building and grounds maintenance, including HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will be high-energy and driven professionals who possess strong leadership/team building skills and demonstrated knowledge of distribution and E-Commerce operations in a retail environment. Additional requirements include:
- The ability to lead cross-functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities
- Demonstrated skill in driving initiatives related to teams, projects and quality
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, to include trouble-shooting, prioritizing and multi-tasking
- The ability to quickly learn business processes outside one's area of expertise
- Nimbleness, with the innovation to apply process improvement initiatives
- Strong computer skills (specifically, MS Office, WMS Application)
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required
- Work rotational, 24/7 on-call to support the operation at all hours
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule, to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Travel, including overnight stays
- Stand or sit for long periods of time
- Accept exposure to distribution center conditions, which may include loud noises, variable temperatures, a dusty environment and strong scents related to cosmetics or fragrance
- Visit stores to develop an understanding of the store experience and collaborate with field partners
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
ULTA Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. Ulta Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. ULTA Beauty, through its stores and ulta.com, offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon haircare products. ULTA Beauty also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. Founded in 1990 and headquartered near Chicago, ULTA Beauty employees more than 19,000 associates.