Responsible for creating the first and last impressions of the Club experience for Members and guests by providing the Three Steps of Service as Members/Guest are greeted and seated. Also responsible for maintaining an orderly work area and assisting with other staff positions, such as Member Services Representative duties, as requested.
This position reports directly to the FB Director/Service Director with indirect reporting to the General Manager and Captains.
Day to Day:
- Maintain ClubCorp service standards as outlined in the FB Service training program at high standards
- Know Members names and greet them promptly in a manner to provide a warm welcome and making them feel at home
- Greet and seat Members and guests promptly in a polite manner while displaying a high quality level of service in a timely manner.
- Converse with Members and guests in an outgoing and friendly manner. You will be asked to focus your attention on Members and guests needs and remain calm, professional and courteous at all times, even when under pressure.
- Assist the service staff as needed, adhering to the ClubCorp standards of service.
- Close out podium at the end of each shift and maintain it in an orderly fashion.
- Assist in Member Services duties when necessary.
- Ensure daily assignments and side work is complete in respective areas to meet Club standards (i.e., orderly/organized work areas, consistently sanitize work areas, refill/stock containers and supplies, etc.).
- Assist fellow Employees, Members and guests to ensure delivery of the Three Steps Service without being directed. Be aware of team members and the environment and participate as a member of the team.
- Notify management of Member/Guest complaints at the time they occur. Practice good service recovery by rectifying any complaints as soon as possible.
- Must be able to interact with Members/Guests professionally, helping them with changes and last minute requests as needed.
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the company operation, it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you. Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed or as directed.
- Be knowledgeable of the following, but not limited to:
-Club hours of operation, services and amenities
-Basic Membership and private event information
-Club menus, dress code and ambiance
-Club special events and newsletter
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures, manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working habits while in all areas and assuring others are acting safely.
- Demonstrate good teamwork and follow instructions well as directed.
- A high school diploma preferred.
- Previous experience in service industry preferred.
- Previous experience working a telephone system preferred.
- Can be trusted to hold all member information strictly confidential.
- Ability to communicate and follow instructions.
Since its founding in 1957, Dallas-based ClubCorp has operated with the central purpose of Building Relationships and Enriching Lives®. ClubCorp is a leading owner-operator of private golf and country clubs and private business clubs in North America. ClubCorp owns or operates a portfolio of over 200 golf and country clubs, business clubs, sports clubs, and alumni clubs in 28 states, the District of Columbia and two foreign countries that serve over 430,000 members, with approximately 20,000 peak-season employees. ClubCorp properties include: Firestone Country Club (Akron, Ohio); Mission Hills Country Club (Rancho Mirage, California); The Woodlands Country Club (The Woodlands, Texas); Capital Club Beijing; and The Metropolitan (Chicago, Illinois).