Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in ordering, stocking, and reaching established sales and profit goals, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Provide friendly/efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Operate equipment (e.g., fork lift, pallet jack, flatbed, box cutter, automatic, semi-automatic or manual wrapping machine, ordering machine, slicer, scales, racks and compactor) according to company guidelines.
- Gain/maintain product knowledge and proficiency in ordering; maintain proper stock levels, order and maintain processed /pre-packaged product and maintain knowledge of product movement/specials.
- Receive fresh and pre-packaged deliveries, ensure piece count and invoice match, check expiration dates, and follow security procedures; process invoices properly and ensure proper pricing in all systems.
- Stock, rotate and face pre-packaged products, rotate product in cases and coolers, ensure cases are full and neat and ensure all items are correctly priced and signed.
- Work with the manager to prepare and build displays; set displays and cases; scale, price, code and date variable weight items; and wrap bulk frozen product
- Assist with customer special orders, provide product information and location, and answer department calls.
- Assist wrapping product on appropriate wrapper; weigh and price product.
- Ensure product is properly priced and labeled and quality/appearance standards are met; refrigerate immediately after wrapping or weighing.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management. Follow all store and department policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently lifting/carrying objects 10 to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling objects 150 to 2,000 lbs., reaching, squatting, turning, kneeling, walking standing, extended exposure cooler temperatures (28-32o); occasionally kneel, and lift/carry objects 40 to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to read/interpret documents; Basic math skills
- High school education/GED or currently enrolled
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick 'n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Green Bay || 1291 Lombardi Access Rd || 54304 || Roundy's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.