Under moderate supervision, primarily responsible for documenting inventory by recording additions, disbursements, adjustments, losses and removal of items. Prepares inventory reports by collecting and analyzing information on stock usage. Maintains inventory operations by following policies and procedures and reports changes as needed.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Associate may be responsible for tasks in inventory management (Consumables, chemicals, samples, etc) and accurate inventory control, processing requests leading to inventory movement on and off site, and fulfilling customer metric reporting.
- Performs inventory management related functions such as monitoring slow moving and dead inventory, conduct cycle counting, yearly physical inventories, and reporting.
- Provides daily customer service functions and communicates with the customer relative to inventory management.
- May be required to perform purchasing functions including but not limited to: back order reporting and expediting, direct factory shipments, 3rd party support, managing quotes, document control, records maintenance, and resolving open invoices or pricing issues.
- Responsible for all customer service related functions including but not limited to: order entry, reporting, maintaining metrics, and cost savings tracking.
- Performs shipping coordination activities such as shipping customer material, handling routine issues, operating basic warehouse equipment, entering shipping information into the customer computer system, and equipment inspections.
- Responsible for handling hazardous material and preparing shipping documentation and packaging requirements.
- Interfaces directly with customer point of contact, purchasing directors, facility directors and plant managers.
- Responsible for managing consigned, non-consigned, customer owned or 3rd party inventory.
- Utilizes Avantor and customer computer systems (SAP, Citrix, Intranet, Avantor Inventory Management Systems, ChemSW, and customer specific systems) in fulfillment of job duties.
- Meets goals and objectives: safety, performance and quality.
- Creates programs for enhanced service efficiencies.
- Interfacing with Avantor Sales Force and manufacture representatives.
- Documents change management.
- Responsible for desktop delivery of inbound packages to customer contacts
- Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2+ years experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Cross referencing and inside sales experience a plus
- Knowledge of scientific products and services a plus
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Conform to all company and customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
- Knowledge of Information intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Solid understanding and experience in either shipping, inventory, or purchasing
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; displays a professional can do attitude
- Solid understanding of purchasing, creating and working with purchase orders
- High regard for safety, quality and adherence to protocols, policies and procedures
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate; forward thinking
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with both the customer and internal contacts
- Must be able to lift 30lbs
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 30 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Su pplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
More than 13,500 strong, our associates reflect the communities where we live and work, the customers we serve, and possess a diverse range of viewpoints and experiences that help us achieve our mission of setting science in motion to create a better world.
These collective talents and perspectives drive the good we create in the world. That’s why we’re focused on building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture, developing and retaining talent and empowering our associates to create lasting impact.
Avantor® is a leading global provider of mission-critical products and services to customers in the biopharma, healthcare, education & government, and advanced technologies & applied materials industries. Our portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. Our global footprint enables us to serve more than 225,000 customer locations and gives us extensive access to research laboratories and scientists in more than 180 countries.
We set science in motion to create a better world.
Sysco | Smithfield, North Carolina
Sysco | Selma, North Carolina
Eaton | Middlesex, North Carolina
Kelly | Goldsboro, North Carolina
Truist Financial Corporation | Wilson, North Carolina
Walgreens | Zebulon, North Carolina
Walgreens | Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Walgreens | Smithfield, North Carolina
Walgreens | Goldsboro, North Carolina
Walgreens | Rocky Mount, North Carolina