Pay Rate & Benefits
- Min: $26.49/hr
- Max: $34.47/hr
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits available
- Ability to enroll in a retirement plan
Pep Boys is driven by its promise to its customers, “We go further to help you go farther.” Founded 100 years ago by military veterans, generations of drivers have counted on Pep Boys ASE-certified Pros to service their vehicles. With a national network of nearly 1,000 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, and 27distribution centers, Pep Boys employs more than 8,000 people. More than seven million vehicles pass through Pep Boys bays each year, and our commitment to being the ONE our communities count on is demonstrated through our exceptional customer experience and support of the critical technical training initiatives needed to close America’s skills gap. For more information, visit www.pepboys.com.
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair and replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Direct interaction with customers providing superior service through educating the customer on the problems and proposed solutions for their vehicle. Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to performance, drivability and emissions diagnostic, state safety and emissions testing, brakes, steering and suspension, electrical, maintenance services, HVAC, starting and charging, and major engine.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of diagnosis and repairing a customer's vehicle as well as caring for the vehicle while it is being repaired and properly securing it after repair is complete.
- Ensure all training completions are maintained at 100%
- Become a resource for technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories.
- Focus on customer needs.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient use of service equipment and maintain certification status.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Pocess or pursuing ASE's (A1 Engine Repair, A2 Automatic Transmission, A3 Manual Drive Transmission, A4 Steering and Suspension, A5 Brakes, A6 Electrical, A7 HVAC, A8 Engine Performance) are required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret retail business reports, professional and/or technical journals, time reports, operational reports, government regulations, merchandising reports, plan-o-gram (merchandising) instructions or technical procedures.
- Ability to collect data or facts and draw valid and accurate conclusions.
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commission, discounts and interest.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal skills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Extensive standing, walking, pushing and reaching.
- Need full range of motion for reaching, bending and stooping.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms, legs.
- May drive a vehicle if needed.
- Lifting of heavy equipment >50 pounds is required.
- May work outside and be exposed to weather.
- Exposure to adverse weather conditions, chemicals, odors, dirt and dust.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
SHIFTING CAREERS INTO HIGH GEAR
Pep Boys was founded by Navy veterans in 1921 and today, we proudly employ military veterans and reserve-duty servicemembers like you throughout nearly 1,000 locations and over 9,000 service bays. If you’re passionate about vehicles and servicing the communities that depend on them, your unique and valuable skillsets will be a perfect match for our service bays, distribution centers, or store support centers.
We offer a variety of career options across the United States and Puerto Rico, as well as extensive training and development opportunities and a wide array of health and wellness benefits. Our mission is simple: to make quality car care simple, convenient, and accessible for everyone.
At Pep Boys, we go further to help your career go farther.
Pep Boys | Brookhaven, Pennsylvania