Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Assist with directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department; inform customers of grocery specials; offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Assist with developing and executing a business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Assist with scheduling routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Assist with planning, organizing and supervising the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Work overnight shifts.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work overnight shifts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.
Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk D4 KS#42 ($23.00/hour)
Kroger | Longmont, Colorado
Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk D4 KS#74 ($23.00/hour)
Kroger | Loveland, Colorado
Night-Crew Foreman D2 KS#68
Kroger | Thornton, Colorado
Night-Crew Foreman D2 KS#83
Kroger | Denver, Colorado
Night-Crew Foreman D2 KS#14
Kroger | Aurora, Colorado
Night-Crew Foreman D2 KS#34
Kroger | Federal Heights, Colorado
86 Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk ($23.31)
Kroger | Broomfield, Colorado
Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk
Kroger | Aurora, Colorado
KS #31 Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk $ 22.51
Kroger | Lakewood, Colorado
KS #72 Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk $22.51
Kroger | Denver, Colorado