Location: USA VA McLean - Customer Proprietary (VAC036)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ132420
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Motor Vehicle Operator (MVO) joining our team to support our customer activities at McLean, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an MVO, you will be trusted to work independently and deliver agile solutions. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Maintaining good communication with the team
- Pace of work will vary day to day depending on requirements
- MVO will wear a uniform, provided by this office, and will adhere to the policies
- Operate on a large team of 70+ drivers to transport personnel, utilizing a variety of cars, vans and/or coach buses safely and successfully
- Very fast paced office and receives 80+ requests for chauffeur services per day
- Daily requests will come from the dispatch team and the MVO will execute the requests in a timely and professional manner
- MVO is expected to safely operate all vehicle types in the fleet, including sedans, SUVs, mini-vans, passenger vans, and charter buses and will occasionally have the option to operate shuttles
- MVO will verbally acknowledge driving assignments, verify passengers, and communicates with dispatch any pertinent updates relating to the execution of driver assignments
- MVO is expected to work eight (8) core hours during (0400-1900). Additional hours may be available on a daily and weekly basis due to complex and ever-changing Customer requirements
- MVO will maintain a Sponsor-issued cellphone and must ensure that the cellphone remains in operating condition during core hours and/or while on assignment
- MVO will utilize a tablet to annotate start/stop times, track movements and provide real-time metrics regarding driver assignments
- HS Diploma
- MVO must adhere to DOT standards and certifications
- DOT certifications must be always kept current
- CDL license is required
- MVO must be proficient in hardcopy map-reading, in addition to the ability to operate GPS and similar devices
- Must successfully complete and maintain Motor Coach City Driving Training Certification every 5 years
- Must provide DMV driving records and submit to random drug screening on an annual basis
- Must also submit to mandatory drug screening after any reported accident
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
- A culture of mobility to foster your career growth goals
- Education and training opportunities
- Supporting a mission that is important to leverage technology and deliver agile solutions while working in a team-oriented environment
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA McLean
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!