You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
UX at Allstate:
We’re a large and well-respected digital design organization of 115+ passionate UX Designers, Content Designers, Researchers, Visual Designers, and Design Program Managers led by our VP UX. And we’ll be growing by 40% in 2022. We're hiring to evolve UX across dozens of digital products and services and Allstate brands, and to establish a shared design platform: an expanded design system, reusable content, user research and design thinking.
Here’s what you can expect from a UX career at Allstate:
- Participate in a collaborative, fun and friendly remote team environment that values diversity, builds and trains individuals, and supports long-term career and skills growth.
- Contribute to large-scale digital systems and products that are used by millions of customers and have a meaningful impact on our business.
- Join a proven UX organization that is benefitting from high growth, demand, visibility and investment.
- Practice true user-centered design, supported by robust research and analytics capabilities.
At Allstate, you’ll help innovate and reinvent insurance and improve customers’ lives by designing products to support them in their moments of greatest need, and you’ll have fun along the way. Join our diverse team of creative problem solvers using our talents for good - at work and in life.
The Sr. Conversational AI Designer uses design thinking and agile methodology to research, create and tune industry-leading chat and/or voice user interfaces from ideation to launch of a product or service and iteratively updates, maintains and tunes existing IVRs, chatbots and SMS text experiences. Daily, you’ll partner with other UX practitioners, researchers, developers, product management, and a variety of business partners to design human-to-computer conversations, architecting the interaction flow and writing scripts.
The Sr. Conversational AI Designer leverages artificial intelligence (AI), natural language processing, and other technology capabilities to define, develop, evaluate, and deliver the user experience of high-profile products & services. They use human-centered design to frame problems and create innovative design solutions that meet user needs and key business objectives for e-commerce, claims, customer support, agent support, billing and payments, and other self-service experiences. This Designer works in lean agile environments committed to quick feedback loops focused on outcomes versus deliverables and communicates concepts and products enhancements using journey maps, flows, prototypes and detailed designs.
- Create conversational dialog designs, prompts and scripts for human-machine conversations.
- Work closely with product team and business partners to plan, design, optimize and deliver virtual assistants in an agile development environment.
- Understand and work closely with developers using working knowledge technology.
- Apply user-centered design methods to iterate through concepts that can be tested and validated with users.
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design, business, & technology decisions.
- Be open to feedback and engage in active listening.
- Model application of human-centered design approaches to frame problems, uncover patterns, discover opportunities, and visualize possibilities.
- Communicate clear, focused user experience concepts for products during all stages of the design process, leveraging deliverables such as user journeys, flow diagrams, and prototypes using industry software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Mural, Voiceflow, Visio, Omnigraffle, Figma, Sketch, Amazon Lex and/or InVision.
- Collaborate within product teams - assess and prioritize opportunities, constraints, and features - advocating for the end user while balancing the negotiation of priorities and business goals.
- Independently, and in partnership with researchers, facilitate feedback loops through appropriate user research, testing, and metrics analysis to inform decisions & designs.
- Continuously grow your depth of knowledge, and apply it, to evolve existing and craft new product opportunities, including information architecture, research opportunities, and platform capabilities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders , including product owners & engineers, to understand experience and technology requirements, providing creative and thoughtful solutions.
- Measure design solutions with metrics that matter; ensure qualitative and quantitative data is captured and used appropriately to inform decisions.
This job does not have supervisory duties.
- Five or more years as a UX Conversation Designer in Virtual Assistants, with supplemental work as a UX Writer, or Linguist in highly collaborative environments.
- Experience in building user-centered conversational experiences (chat, voice, or SMS) in an agile environment.
- Extremely passionate and knowledgeable about conversation design, interaction design and information architecture as disciplines.
- Experience with several of the following areas with the ability to leverage working knowledge as necessary: artificial intelligence, linguistics, intent and holistic tuning, natural language understanding, dialog design, and/or speech user interfaces.
- Experience facilitating a wide breadth of human-centered design methodologies.
- Trained in UX design, computational linguistics, psychology, human factors, or human-computer interaction.
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills.
- Understands the constraints of technology platforms: Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Linguistic concepts like Pragmatics, Prosody, Morphology and/or the Internet of Things (IoT) and Smart Speakers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the following is a plus: Linguistics, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Human Factors.
- Experience designing for insurance, financial, or highly regulated verticals is a plus.
- A smart, solid portfolio that demonstrates how you think.
Compensation offered for this role is$80,500.00 - $134,800.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “ here ” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “ here ” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “ here ”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “ here ”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
We’re reinventing the future of protection and we want you!
Allstate is actively seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans, and military spouses. We have tremendous opportunities for those self-starting people who are looking for challenge, and ready for change.
Active military and veterans sacrifice so much for this country. That's why we constantly strive to better serve the brave men and women of the armed forces. From hiring practices to community involvement, military initiatives have been a priority since Allstate was founded by a veteran in 1931.
Our business is one that is built on caring - a value that has been at the core of our relationship with customers, agents, and employees for more than 89 years. Allstate has built its reputation on promising to be there when customers need help to protect their lives, families, property, and communities.
The caring, integrity, and determination shown by current and former members of the armed forces reflects our core values. Expressed through community partnerships, grants, and investments, our business has been built on integrity and caring, too.
Currently, we have openings for these insurance sales positions:
- Insurance Agency Ownership
- Market Outside Sales Associate- Local/Remote
To apply, simply click on “Apply Now” and you will be directed to complete an application on our career page. Once there, please be sure to upload your resume so that you can be assigned to a recruiter who will contact you with next steps!
Thank you for your interest in Allstate. We welcome you and look forward to working you!
GovCIO | ,
isolved | ,
Allstate | ,
Allstate | ,
Allstate | ,
isolved | ,
Allstate | ,
Allstate | ,