Now Hiring Part-Time Non-CDL Van Drivers in Maywood, IL - $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
Why join as a School Bus Driver? For many reasons
- $16.00/HR starting wage; depending on experience
- $2,000 Sign-on Bonus*
- No experience necessary! We train!
- Paid CDL training
- Hours guarantee
- Paid holidays
- Additional hours available – charter route opportunities!
- Child ride along program
- No nights or weekends
About the Position
- Join our team of professional drivers dedicated to getting students to and from school safely
- Drivers enjoy the support of our industry leading technology to guide them through their daily routes
- Prioritize vehicle maintenance by conducting pre and post trip vehicle inspections
- Provide support to students by assisting with boarding and exiting the bus
- Good verbal communication skills
- At least 21 years old
- Valid driver’s license for at least 3 years
- Be subject to a drug screen and physical
*Conditions apply. See location for details. Bonus expires 11/30/2022.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
We consider it an honor to extend meaningful career opportunities to veterans once they separate and to military spouses as their husbands and wives actively serve. We pride ourselves on understanding military families’ unique circumstances and accommodating what they need, whether it’s:
- A part or full-time job upon separation to ease your transition into the civilian workforce
- A full or part-time job to supplement your serving spouse’s income
- The freedom, flexibility, and peace of mind to move with your military transferred spouse – we have thousands of locations all across the U.S., Puerto Rico and Canada
- The start of a successful future that sees twenty or more years of distinguished service with us, with many promotions and achievements along the way
Join us and you’ll find that our mission of strengthening our local communities and core values that stress integrity, excellence, caring and dedication are very similar to the military. We also have directly related technical, mechanical, maintenance and automotive opportunities along with management and leadership opportunities where you can continue to lead and serve with passion and pride.
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Wheeling, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Willowbrook, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Batavia, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Northbrook, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | South Holland, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | , Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Carol Stream, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Lockport, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Westmont, Illinois
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Glen Ellyn, Illinois