Job ID 1009637BR
Maximizes sales and brand awareness by providing exceptional customer care to all customers in a friendly, efficient, and professional manner; gives impartial, personalized, expertise and advice regardless of brand and budget.
Demonstrates a passion for beauty and provides inspirational beauty knowledge and know-how.
Provides customers with solutions for their beauty needs, including mini-makeovers and skincare consultations, with an emphasis on the customers' total look.
Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
Oversees and maintains overall beauty department standards.
- Engages customers by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Models and shares customer care best practices by proactively offering assistance, asking questions to determine customers' needs, and informing customers of options.
- Greets, listens, and engages customers to identify their needs, making them aware of appropriate products and services, and providing warm transfers to other areas of the store when necessary.
- Provides expertise in product demonstrations and consultations utilizing tools such as the Matchmade Device, Skin Hydrometer, and tablet.
- Leads and delivers in-store events to promote brand awareness and loyalty of Owned Brands and total Beauty/Personal Care.
- Builds relationships with customers; provides authentic closure of customer interaction and builds and fosters relationships.
- Engages with omni-channel solutions to enhance customer engagement/experience.
- Locates products in other stores or online if unavailable in the store.
- Achieves or exceeds predetermined sales goals by assisting customers in the purchase of products and by modeling exceptional customer care.
- Reviews scorecard on a regular basis to understand performance within store and district; partners with store leadership and BAE to create improvement goals.
- Consistently focuses on link-selling and up-selling with customers by showing them sale items and complimentary offerings.
- Uses testers and sampling to demonstrate product application and leverage items from beauty promotional programs.
- Ensures testers are stocked and maintained in compliance with hygiene standards; maintains a clean and organized department.
- Implements company asset protection procedures to identify and minimize profit loss.
- Processes sales for customers and/or employee purchases on cash register.
- Participates in meetings and conference calls concerning programs and promotions, new items, brand launches, sales goals, and modeling exceptional customer care.
- Has working knowledge of store systems and store equipment.
- Ensures compliance with state and local laws regarding regulated products (e.g., alcoholic beverages and tobacco products).
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments as assigned.
- Seeks self-development by monitoring own performance, setting high personal standards, maintaining awareness of beauty trends, learning from others, and improving job performance.
- Maintains knowledge of competition, new product/brand launches, and overall industry trends.
- Attends and participates in meetings, seminars, and other knowledge and business-driving opportunities; educates store team on new beauty updates, information, and learnings from training.
- Attends training and completes e-learning modules requested by Manager or assigned by Corporate.
- Maintains professional appearance and image in compliance with company guidelines at all times.
- Models and shares behavior with other Beauty Consultants; provides training and assistance to new Beauty Consultants.
- Works collaboratively with the Beauty Area Expert to review goals and maintain product knowledge.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year of experience working in a retail sales environment that required meeting a defined sales goal OR at least 1 year of experience proactively selling beauty or cosmetic products and providing customer care.
- Experience in developing ways to accomplish goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Knowledge of products and brands in order to engage and meet the needs of the customer.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
- Basic level PC/tablet skills.
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing and speaking English. (Except in Puerto Rico)
- Licensure in Cosmetology or as an Esthetician as granted by appropriate state licensing authority.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience demonstrating makeup application and providing makeovers to customers.
- Experiencing selling Prestige brands.
- Degree from Beauty School.
- Experience with another retailer in the form of an Externship.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
The following information is applicable to Colorado only, in accordance with the Colorado Pay Equity Act. Please review the available benefits and salary available for this position by clicking here: . Walgreens will provide applicants in other states with information related to the position, to the extent required by state or local law, by calling 1-866-967-5492.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list.
Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
Walgreens is the the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (WBA), and WBA is currently ranked No. 1 in the Food and Drug Industry list of Fortune's World Most Admired Companies (2019), and has been included on this list as WBA (or previously as Walgreen Co.) for the past 26 consecutive years.
Walgreens | Gainesville, Virginia
Walgreens | Martinsburg, West Virginia
Walgreens | Shepherdstown, West Virginia
Walgreens | Ranson, West Virginia
Walgreens | Charles Town, West Virginia
Walgreens | Inwood, West Virginia
Walgreens | Winchester, Virginia
Walgreens | Leesburg, Virginia
Walgreens | Winchester, Virginia
Walgreens | Chantilly, Virginia