Why become a substitute paraprofessional?
- Help teachers increase valuable instruction time by working with students and helping them keep pace with their peers.
- Help students improve social skills.
- Feel good about the work you do in your own community.
- Earn steady income through a variety of short- and long-term substitute positions available.
- Enjoy work-life balance.
- Provide classroom assistance to the district/school teacher, supporting the needs of general education or special needs students. This may include:
- Implementing educational programs, activities, and services with students of varying ages
- Classroom management and learning environment support
- Reinforcing learning concepts presented through lesson plans—individually or in small groups
- Grading homework and tests (computing/tabulating results) using answer sheets or other methods the school employs
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and classroom environment to assure health, welfare, and safety of students, including:
- Ensuring students are never left unattended in the classroom
- Maintaining/assisting in maintaining classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly and school district policies and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Reporting student injury, accidents, illness, and discipline problems to Kelly supervisor and district/school personnel immediately
- Reporting all personal injury or school property theft to Kelly supervisor and district/school personnel immediately
- Supervising students in out-of-classroom settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom) as directed and supervised by an authorized school district employee (e.g., school principal)
- Assist students in transition to and from classrooms, as needed
- Understand, address, and be sensitive to the needs of each student, recognizing differences in their abilities and cognitive levels
- 60 College Credits or Paraprofessional Certificate
- Effective organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with school district staff
- Ability to positively relate to a younger generation of students
- Kelly Education follows PA Department of Education Clearance Requirements
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in making a lasting impression, please apply now by calling 610-367-4670 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to launch your career today!
Perks you’ll enjoy as a substitute school nurse:
- Paid orientation on district policies and procedures so you understand the culture and requirements of the school district
- Weekly pay
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act healthcare coverage, for eligible employees
- Group insurance options
- Ability to create a work schedule that works for you
- Ability to select your preferred school locations
- Apply now!
- If you meet the minimum requirements, you’ll receive a response to your application within 48-72 hours. This is your opportunity to get any questions answered and to learn more about the position.
- Share this job. Know someone who would make a great substitute school nurse? We’re always looking for qualified, compassionate people!
- Referral bonus program.
Our commitment to you:
Kelly® Education is committed to our substitute employees working in safe environments. Kelly Education operates under the collective guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), state officials, and school district administration, and we ensure our employees are adequately protected by school district policies and procedures.
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
Why Kelly® Education?
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students? At Kelly Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in K-12 public schools, PreK and early childhood centers, and higher education institutions. Whether you’re looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a teaching or non-teaching role—we’ll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you’re new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]]
Why Kelly - Since 2011 we have placed over 16,000 Veterans
Kelly applies targeted recruiting initiatives to the Veterans population (in all stages of transition) by aligning customer defined requirements with military skills and experience. The transition from military to civilian life can be stressful and complex for veterans, and our staff is trained to assist in this transition. Unlike our competition, Kelly places these resources without geographic or industry constraints, offering our customers and our employees greater flexibility. Kelly has a wide variety of local opportunities, for Veterans and their spouses, within our workforce solutions as well as national recruiting programs on behalf of our customers. Kelly’s leading placement opportunities for Veterans are within Information Technology, Engineering, Science, Light Industrial and Call Center.
Our specially trained Veteran recruiters are armed with a number of tools to help Veterans obtain roles that match their potential including skill translation tools, leading Veteran- centric job boards and Veteran/spouse social media networks, among others.
Through Kelly’s vast branch network, we are closely located to the majority of major military installations across the United States. Kelly recruiters participate in onsite and virtual military career fairs as well as advertise through local and national Veteran job boards. In recent years, over 150 Kelly branches have worked directly with their local military installations to recruit spouses and transitioning personnel. These teams not only engages with transitioning talent from local bases, but also have a strong focus on Veterans in areas where the military has identified high Veteran unemployment. This approach ensures that military talent is engaged and shared across the centralized military recruiting team and documented in a centralized database, so that other Kelly locations can benefit from hiring or relocating this valuable pool of talent.
Our focus on military recruiting is a win on multiple levels. Kelly gains top talent with the skills needed to excel; our clients receive the benefit of that talent to help them compete in an ever challenging business landscape; and Veterans receive gainful employment in line with their skills and abilities to ease the transition to the next phase of their lives.
A People Company, Staffing the World
Kelly founded the temporary staffing industry in 1946, and has maintained a leadership position through the years based on a valuable premise: we invest in people. Today that focus benefits our customers wherever they operate around the globe - in a growing number of specialized fields. And we’ll continue to meet the evolving challenges of workforce flexibility with staffing solutions tailored to your precise business needs, both locally and worldwide.
Kelly | Shillington, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Warminster, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Malvern, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Township Of Radnor, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
Kelly | Upper Dublin Township, Pennsylvania