At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Research and Technology-Europe is seeking Senior Airplane Safety Engineers - Development Programs (m,f,d) reporting to the Manager of Model Based Safety and Platform Systems from any of our offices in Munich, Germany OR Madrid, Spain OR Vigo, Spain. The Senior Airplane Safety Engineers will be part of the Model-based Engineering (MBE) Global Center, a global initiative with the mission of supporting Boeing’s transition to MBE. The engineer will focus on the development, deployment and execution of system safety analysis, systems safety analysis methods and solutions using a model-based approach. Our team is actively engaged with airplane programs that currently include 737-10 MAX, 777-9, 777-8 Freighter, and future product development programs.
As an Airplane Safety Engineer, you will be responsible for working cross functionally to ensure airplane level safety analysis are appropriately conducted. Understanding the complex integration of airplane systems, human factors, and airplane integration into the operational environment is required in this role. The Airplane Safety deliverables directly feed airplane compliance and require an extreme attention to detail as well as a healthy engineering curiosity.
If you’re ready for a challenging new role that is critical to the success of our programs then this might be the job for you. Successful candidates will be reliable, trustworthy, and accountable for delivering results. Familiarity with 25.1309, ARP-4754, ARP-4761, safety analysis, and hazard assessments will greatly benefit you in this role.
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse engineering team.
- Intrinsic aptitude for taking initiative, leading cross functional teams and complex projects.
- Ability to take ownership of work activities to ensure they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner.
- Providing safety design and analysis expertise to program stakeholders and leadership
- Validating and verifying airplane level safety requirements
- Developing certification strategies for systems and airplane level safety issues
- Executing airplane level threat analyses (bird strike, rotor burst, cargo fire, tire and wheel failures, etc.)
- Representing ASE in airplane level design trade studies, coordination of safety analyses, and functional integration assessments
- Ensuring adequate redundancy and physical separation of critical systems
- Leading airplane level safety analyses like Runway Excursion or Airplane Common Mode to ensure integration across multiple functional systems
- Utilize Model Based System Engineering tools to analyze architectures/designs and develop safety deliverables
- Conduct research in the area of systems engineering and systems safety, with emphasis in Model Based Safety Analysis (MBSA) and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) processes, methods, training and tools.
Employer is not willing to sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 8+ years’ relevant experience in Systems, Systems Safety, Hardware or Software development
- Experience with ARP4754A, ARP4761, MIL-STD-882E or similar
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally
- Must be legally able to work in Europe
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience performing system safety analysis and/or studies
- 5+ years of experience with commercial airplane certification, safety requirements and procedures
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Hazard Analyses, FMEA's, Airplane Level Threats (Particular Risk Analyses) and Fault Trees and/or System Safety Assessments (SSAs)
- Experience with FAR Part 25.1309, and industry practices like ARP 4761 & 4754
- 5+ years of experience developing/applying aviation related system safety analysis methods such as System Safety Risk Assessments, Fault-tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Assessment (FHA) and Safety Assessment Report (SAR)
- 5+ years of experience in Commercial Airplane-Systems design or analysis (e.g. Flight Controls, Hydraulics, Avionics, Fuels, etc.) or Systems Integration
- Pilots license
- Model Based Safety Analysis (MBSA), Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Model Based Engineering application and toolsets (such as MATLAB Simulink, SCADE, Cameo, Rhapsody, CAFTA, PTC Windchill, 3DX, etc.)
- Excellent collaboration skills and experience with Agile methodologies
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
- Madrid, Spain
- Vigo, Spain
- Munich, Germany.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in Europe. Candidates must have current legal authorization to live and work in Europe. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Please apply with an English resume or CV
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Creating the world’s most innovative aerospace products and services requires a diverse and inclusive global team. We value the leadership, integrity and critical skills that veterans cultivate through their military experience. In 2021, Military Friendly ranked Boeing as a Top 10 Employer.
We’re committed to ensuring that veterans and their families succeed in their next mission. We support more than 800 military and veteran organizations globally, and are proud to have formed a partnership with the Institute for Veterans & Military Families to establish Future Force, a program that helps veterans transition to civilian life.
Bring your skills to our team and discover how we can go further together.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Boeing Company | Madrid,
The Boeing Company | Madrid,
Honeywell | Madrid, Maryland
Honeywell | Madrid, Maryland
Honeywell | Madrid,
Honeywell | Madrid,