In this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join Cards and Merchant Services Technology (CMST) technology arm of Consumer Technology that executes the Wells Fargo Technology strategy and offers a strategic technology perspective to Credit Cards business. Our team provide technology solutions for Card-as-a-Service platform, for Unsecured Lending Products and manage the application portfolios through the skills, stability, security, scalability, speed, and satisfaction as enablers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Design complex application with Java programming, object-oriented design, cloud native design patterns, MongoDB, Kafka, Java Spring Boot, micro services and modern software design principles on cloud
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead product capabilities and features, serve as a peer mentor
- Lead complex technology capabilities including those that are companywide with broad impact
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 5+ years of Java / J2EE experience
- 5 years Spring framework (batch, integration, Springboot) and functional programming experience
- 3+ years of experience in solution design based on event driven architectures and patterns such as Command and Query Responsibility Segregation(CQRS) and Event Sourcing
- 3+ years of experience in Domain Driven micro services and REST API development
- 3+ years of experience working with Tanzu Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Performance Tuning, Scaling, Security, Resiliency Best Practices
- 2+ years of experience in designing and engineering cloud native solutions
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Kafka or Confluent Enterprise
- 2+ years of Mongo DB experience
- Enterprise experience with one or more CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, Harness IO, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: Junit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Lambda; Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
Flexibility to work additional hours outside regular business hours.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
At Wells Fargo, we’ve been proudly supporting military veterans and their families for more than 170 years.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard, Reservists, and Military Spouses.
As a Wells Fargo employee, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Connection Employee Resource Group, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.