A Senior Manager, Regional Facilities Operations manages and directs all ongoing facility maintenance and staff along with all facility projects within their assigned area of responsibility. Responsible for managing financial controls including; expense management, budgets, contract management, forecasting and work approvals. This position manages Regional Facility Managers and Building Managers who manage facilities for retail branches, and major buildings.
This senior manager is responsible for ensuring required permits for equipment, certificate of occupancy and safety requirements are maintained for all assigned properties. Responsibilities will also include and not be limited to: developing plans, procedures, policies, and controls to effectively and efficiently maintain facility compliance, evacuation, emergency preparedness and disaster recovery, while protecting the interests of the organization and the safety of its customers, employees and public.
- Oversees facility maintenance and associated staff management for a region of retail branches and major buildings.
- Maintains and manages documentation, maintenance and monitoring of all issues related to compliance of all equipment (e.g. boilers, generators, backflow equipment, sprinklers, fire alarms and fire extinguishers, etc.).
- Manages the violations process and interaction with vendors ensuring that violations are resolved, specifically, timely fee payment, and cure requirements are met.
- Responsible for the interaction with landlords as it relates to properties that are not incompliance with building codes. Obtains cost estimates and coordinates activities related to building facilities and physical compliance for certificates of occupancy, permits, etc.
- Maintains and manages records of all equipment both leased and owned including the frequency of preventive maintenance for equipment at each location.
- Manages CRES roster of contracts and validates same in coordination with other CRES personnel.
- Responsible for the coordination among departments of both Bank facilities and branches that are scheduled to be closed due to lease termination or sale.
- Develops, maintains, tests and updates Emergency Evacuation Plans for assigned properties.
- Maintains and updates the Disaster Recovery Plan, Emergency Contact List and the Emergency Evacuation Plan.
- Works closely with the team of architects, engineers, general contractors, and project managers regarding large renovation and construction projects to integrate said projects into compliance conformity.
- Maintains knowledge and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Utilizes, supervises and updates site drafting and drawing control system, maintaining updated drawings and new designs as needed.
- Tracks metrics for all environmental and social responsibility efforts and promotes advancement of the bank's facilities in these categories.
- Communicates effectively with Bank departments, facilities, landlords, tenants, consultants and municipalities.
- Facilitates and encourages a team environment that measures, recognizes and supports continuous service improvement.
- Responsible for the indirect operations of all properties assigned and performs as a "1st Responder" in times of emergency, disaster and urgency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience as a Facilities Manager of multiple sites.
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/management experience.
- Experience in environmental safety, facility operation, construction, and occupational safety.
- Experience managing budgets, forecasting and operational expense control.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of facility safety procedures and compliance metrics.
- Strong financial acumen including budgets, forecasting and expense control.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Computer literate with proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to train, lead and motivate staff.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and facility layouts.
- Ability to adapt procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet special needs.
- Ability to travel frequently to assigned properties.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must possess impeccable integrity.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. is the parent company of Flagstar Bank, N.A., one of the largest regional banks in the country. We are headquartered in Hicksville, NY with regional headquarters in Troy, MI. Flagstar Bank, N.A. operates over 390 branches across nine states, including strong footholds in the Northeast and Midwest and exposure to high growth markets in the Southeast and West Coast. Through its Flagstar Mortgage division, the Company operates nationally through over 80 retail home lending offices and a wholesale network of approximately 3,000 third-party mortgage originators.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc., through its subsidiary bank, Flagstar Bank, N.A., has deep roots in two major markets; the Northeast, specifically, New York City, and in Michigan. The Company, founded in 1859 as the Queens County Savings Bank - the first savings bank chartered by the state of NY in the New York City Borough of Queens, went public in 1993 and has grown organically and through a series of accretive mergers and acquisitions, culminating in its recent acquisition of Flagstar Bancorp, Inc. on December 1, 2022.
Flagstar Bank’s origins date back to 1987 in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan when it was known as First Security Savings Bank. It was chartered as a federal savings bank in 1987 and adopted the Flagstar name in 1996, reflecting a series of acquisitions of its own. Flagstar has a retail presence in four Mid-western states and in California, while its mortgage division conducts business nationally.
New York Community Bancorp, Inc. has market-leading positions in several national businesses, including multi-family lending, mortgage origination and servicing, and warehouse lending. The Company is the second-largest multi-family portfolio lender in the country and the leading multi-family portfolio lender in the New York City market area, where it specializes in rent-regulated, non-luxury apartment buildings. Flagstar Mortgage is the 7th largest bank originator of residential mortgages for the 12-months ending September 30, 2022, and the industry’s 5th largest sub-servicer of mortgage loans nationwide, servicing 1.4 million accounts. Additionally, the Company is the 2nd largest mortgage warehouse lender nationally based on total commitments.
We believe in cultivating a diverse, inclusive, and respectful workplace that engages employees, broadens perspectives, and teamwork. We are proud to bring Military Personnel into our workplace.
We encourage you to learn more about us, and our employment opportunities and thank you for your interest in Flagstar Bank.
Amtrak, National Passenger Corp. | New York, New York
HERC - Southern California | , New York
NYU Langone Health | , New York
ClubCorp | Mount Sinai, New York
ClubCorp | Roslyn Harbor, New York
NYU Langone Health | New York, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | Hicksville, New York
Spectrum | Stamford, Connecticut
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | New York, New York
New York Community Bank (NYCB) | New York, New York