About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Credit Cards and Merchant Services Technology organization within Wells Fargo Technology. Our team provides development and support of the Credit Card Application Platform . This position will play a key role in assisting with the development of our modernization/transformation activities including cloud migration. The Lead Software Engineer will develop software solutions utilizing Java, SpringBoot, MongoDB and Cloud technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Lead moderately complex initiatives and deliverables within technical domain environments
- Contribute to large scale planning of strategies
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs associated with technology domain, including upgrades and deployments
- Review moderately complex technical challenges that require an in-depth evaluation of technologies and procedures
- Resolve moderately complex issues and lead a team to meet existing client needs or potential new clients needs while leveraging solid understanding of the function, policies, procedures, or compliance requirements
- Collaborate and consult with peers, colleagues, and mid-level managers to resolve technical challenges and achieve goals
- Lead projects and act as an escalation point, provide guidance and direction to less experienced staff
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- 4+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of Spring Boot
- 2+ years of Cloud experience
- Technology 2+ years of Agile experience
- Ability to manage complex data collection and analysis activities including conducting extensive source-to-target mapping exercises
- Knowledge and understanding of complex enterprise systems and frameworks including frontends, middleware, services layer, database, backend and downstream interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of creation of sequence diagrams and web service level data mapping
- An industry-standard technology certification
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) experience
- Ability to consult at the highest technical level on design: planning, integration, implementation, scalability, and problem definition
- Strong, clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Development experience with Angular/React
- 3+ years of developing RESTful APIs using Web API
- 5+ year of Java experience
- CICD experience with tools such as GitHub, TFS, Jenkins, and uDeploy
- Development experience with cloud hosting platforms such as Azure, Google, and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Experience with developing and deploying applications through containers
- Willingness to work onsite at stated location on the job opening, hybrid or as needed
Technical skill set:
- Java, Springboot, CICD, jQuery/Ext JS/Angular JS , Mongo DB, Micro Services, Design patterns, Kafka
- Charlotte, NC
- Phoenix, AZ
- Dallas, TX
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
At Wells Fargo, we’ve been proudly supporting military veterans and their families for more than 170 years.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard, Reservists, and Military Spouses.
As a Wells Fargo employee, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Connection Employee Resource Group, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.