A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America’s largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment, hand tools and jobsite power and lighting solutions. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement and unlimited growth opportunities. Our more than seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our commitment to delivering quality and service to our customers, exercising environmental stewardship, enhancing the well-being of our employees and giving back to the communities in which we work and live. How will you power what’s possible?
Location: [[General Services]]
Starting Pay Rate: [[36.60]]
Electronic Technician General Services Carrollton GA
JOB TITLE: Electronic Technician
Pay Rate: [[36.60]] – [[38.68]]
GROUP: General Services Group
SPECIALTY: PLC/Electronic Technician
REPORTS TO: Supervisor – Mark Cornell / Manager – Todd Lackey
JOB OVERVIEW: As a Electronic Technician, you will support our manufacturing operations by providing a full range of electronic equipment maintenance with focus on reliability. Ensure sustainable operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, conveyor systems, and other production machinery. In addition, the Electronic Technician will also be tasked with writing and troubleshooting logic programming for Siemens and Rockwell systems as well as be a key member of process improvement and problem-solving teams.
• To assume the position, the candidate must have passed the written and hands-on tests for the Senior Electronic Technician certification.
• At least two (2) years’ experience working with Siemens or Rockwell (500 and/or 5000) logic systems preferred.
• High school graduate or equivalent. Technical degree preferred.
• Strong Mechanical & Electrical background & good work record.
• Must have basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to interpret technical drawings, schematics and OEM manuals.
• Understand manufacturing processes and manufacturing equipment.
• Must be familiar with normal equipment such as multimeters/oscilloscopes.
• Ability to read and interpret precision measuring devices.
• Must be capable of handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
PRIMARY JOB TASKS:
• Work in safe manner and ensure safety of all employees
• Perform all work in accordance with Southwire policies and procedures
• Access and use current PLC logic programming to troubleshoot production equipment.
• Program and install PLC logic programming to support future production equipment.
• Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions using logical and systematic methodologies.
• Routine maintenance including but not limited to field fault analysis, calibration of instrumentation using proper test equipment, component replacement, alignment and calibration to specification.
• Fault analysis of hard-wired relay logic, motor control circuits, motor power circuits (single & 3 phase) and common utility/lighting circuits.
• Troubleshoot and repair various equipment to include electronic, digital equipment and AC/DC, drives, motors & controls.
• Provide direction to contractors & small crews if applicable
• Good communication skills with Leadership, peers, and external suppliers
• Report all accidents, incidents, injuries and unsafe acts or conditions, immediately to the supervisor.
• Must follow prescribed safety procedures to prevent injury and maintain safe equipment and conditions in entire plant.
• Ability to meet the physical requirements of working safely in an industrial maintenance environment.
• Follow all company environmental rules/procedures and handle all materials in a manner designed to minimize environmental impact.
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching & Pension Plan (Eligible for Pension after 1,000 Hours Worked)
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.See Job Description
Southwire is one of the world’s leading developers, manufacturers and suppliers of building wire and utility cable, as well as the tools used in their installation. As such, we are continually improving our products, studying how they’re used in the field, and assessing the needs of our customers to find new and better ways to solve the problems facing the industry. We strive to ensure that every product we develop helps increase safety, improve productivity, reduce manpower, save time and save money — both on and off the jobsite. After all, we don’t just want to produce the most wire products. We want to produce the best wire products.