Participates in new product introductions and early learning shipments, resolution of critical long-term customer issues with upper management, and identifying special projects for successful implementation and completion. Responsible for product Hardware performance at a specific customer. Provides third level escalation for Hardware & Software (stability) issues.
Drives Failure Analysis to identify long term technical issues, the plans for resolution, and develops the design to correct the issue.
Provides Alpha Site support of Engineering specifically related to installation, operation, calibration, service and /or testing of a new hardware, process or software design in house or on an engineering tool.
Provides Beta Site Support; specifically related to installation, operation, calibration, service and/or testing of a new hardware, software or processes on a customer tool.
Initiates and provides review of ECO's to ensure data supports fix and follow up with communication to the field. Also in cases of customer escalations or hardware and software availability requests, engages in technical dialogue with the customer.
Generates and presents system performance data as required. This includes performance metrics such as MTBF, MTBI and Availability. Reporting will also include process data and I/W spending analysis.
Supports GPS in the generation of documentation such as CENs and BKMs. Creates and reviews documentation covering technical improvements, system upgrades, and support plans. Presents at customer level. Ensures field implementation.
Organizes and manages on-site training for early learning shipments and new product introductions. Training audience to include both internal and external engineers. Enhances local team product technical knowledge by frequent knowledge transfer from BU to the account.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 50% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
A global leader in the nanomanufacturing technology solutions for the electronics industry, Applied Materials is built on the strength of talented people. We offer a wide variety of job opportunities for experienced professionals and recent college students/graduates that will capitalize on your current skills while broadening your experience and engaging you in a dynamic, fast-changing industry.
Here, you will work in community to achieve a common goal and encounter exciting new challenges every day. Our company is continually evolving: implementing innovations to make semiconductors more portable, powerful, and affordable than ever before.
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Paternity Leave
- Custom Work Station
- Disability Insurance
- Gym/ Wellness Reimbursement
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Leave
- On Site Gym/ Fitness Classes, Clinic (Site Dependent)
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Applied Materials job posting, you will either be re-directed to fill out an application on Applied Materials' career page or be given a confirmation of submission. If you get redirected, please complete the application on the career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once Applied Materials reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!