**What You Will Do**
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Scheduling and Staffing Administrator, this means:
• Being friendly, professional, and supporting internal customers (store leadership, HR, and Lowe’s associates) and external customers.
• Monitoring driver and associate scheduling to ensure merchandise can be delivered on time and stocked efficiently.
• Engaging in safe work practices and encouraging others to do the same.
The Scheduling and Staffing Administrator supports store leadership through administrative duties related to staffing, scheduling, talent acquisition training, compliance, and payroll. This role maintains associate paperwork, organizes the break and training rooms, and updates time and attendance records, according to Lowe’s policies and procedures. This role also assists the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in reviewing, scheduling and processing prospective candidates through the talent acquisition process. In addition, the Scheduling and Staffing Administrator supports a strong safety culture by handling all administrative tasks related to Worker’s Compensation, General Liability, and Auto Claims. To be successful, the individual in this role must be organized and able to balance many administrative tasks throughout the day.
The Scheduling and Staffing Administrator works closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers and Human Resources to support administrative duties and allow these roles to focus on strategic and people leadership activities.
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
**What We're Looking For**
• Hourly Full Time or Part Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 or up to 25 hours per week, respectively; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
• Minimally must be able to lift 10 pounds without assistance; may lift over 10 pounds with or without assistance.
**What You Need To Succeed**
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1 year of experience in a retail environment.
• 2 years of administrative experience such as processing data, scheduling, monitoring and tracking information, and using office software.
• 1 year of experience administering confidential staff information such as personnel files and employment compliance data.
• 1 year of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
• 2 years of experience in a retail environment or equivalent and relevant work experience.
• 2 years of experience in a cross-functional team environment with exempt and non-exempt staff.
• 1 year of experience supporting the staffing process (e.g., posting requisitions, screening candidate qualifications, scheduling interviews).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Our Military Commitment
At Lowe's, our commitment to recognize, honor, and respect those who serve in our country's military is rooted in our history and informs the decisions we make today:
- Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II, by veteran Carl Buchan, whose leadership and vision helped us grow from a small hardware store in Wilkesboro, NC, into the FORTUNE 100® company we are today.
- Lowe's is ranked #38 among GI Job's "Top 100 Military-Friendly Employers®".
- Lowe's is part of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP), working with military installation contacts to promote job opportunities to military spouses.
- Lowe's is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Partner.
- Lowe's offers extended benefits for employees serving in the military.
We regularly participate in a variety of military-sponsored events and job fairs across the country, looking for more people to join the Lowe's team of military veterans. At more than 14,000 strong, our military veteran employees work in roles across our organization, from management to retail and customer support. And we demonstrate our appreciation for them in many ways, including:
- A 10% discount to all veterans during Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day weekends; and a 10% discount every day to all active, reserve, retired and disabled veterans who carry a valid, military-issued photo ID card.
- Regular support for the military and the USO, including recent refurbishments to 16 USO centers across the U.S., to help welcome home our returning troops.
- The Lowe's Employee Giving Campaign, which allows employees to set aside a portion of their paycheck, to benefit the USO and other organizations, which Lowe's will match 50 cents to the dollar.
The military instills leadership, a strong work ethic, and a passion for a job well done. It allows pioneering spirits to demonstrate their commitment to teamwork and problem solving. And these are the traits of a Lowe's employee. As you focus on your post-military career, consider exploring the employment opportunities at Lowe's.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Garland, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Fort Worth, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Dallas, Texas
U.S. Renal Care, Inc. | Richardson, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Arlington, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Richardson, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Garland, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Forney, Texas
Lowe's Companies, Inc. | Euless, Texas
Bank of America | Addison, Texas