Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Meet and surpass service standards by providing customers with prompt, quality coffee selection, sales assistance and preparation. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Wait on customers promptly and cheerfully. Greet customers and provide them with great service.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Present oneself professionally, provide clear communication, and be prompt, tactful, calm and courteous in all customer and associate interactions.
- Ensure work area is clean and neat to create a favorable impression on customers.
- Investigate customers' needs and suggest appropriate products for every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Assist customers in the selection and purchase of specialty coffee beverages and whole bean sales.
- Operate equipment (e.g., knives, espresso machine, blender) according to company guidelines.
- Prepare a variety of customer beverage orders, such as espresso drinks and Coffee of the Day.
- Follow store policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Perform cleaning tasks in accordance with cleaning standards and work as a store team player.
- Follow standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
- Perform equipment maintenance in accordance with preventative maintenance checklist and company policies and procedures.
- Follow cash handling and register policies.
- Follow inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain flexibility to work any shift.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills that engage our customers and associates
- Ability to read shelf tags, signs, product labels, training materials, and bulletins
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, present information in a professional manner and work with all levels of the organization
- Strong personal initiative and follow through to completion
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and willingness to help all members of the department
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising, and customer service related to sale of merchandise
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety, and food handling
- Experience in grocery retail and customer service
- Experience operating a cash register and making change
- Previous experience in food preparation
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Wichita || 3211 S Seneca St || 67217 || Dillons || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.