Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Assist customers and cutting meat for retail sale. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model \"Customer 1st\" behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Prepare and cut meat
- Comply with meat code date policy
- Answer telephones/pagers, when necessary
- Comply with corporate policies
- Promote and follow Company initiatives
- Comply with all Food Safety guidelines and standards
- Perform duties of meat counter clerk, as necessary
- Complete the following tasks as part of daily routine:
o Set up service case
o Write cutting list and produce items for display according to Company policy
o Cut product for service meat case lineup for the following day
o Rework product from afternoon pull
o Grind all shop trim
o Clean work area
o Fill and face freezer
o Level meat case
o Follow up with Food Manager or Person in Charge (PIC) prior to leaving for the day to verify merchandising selection and appropriate fill levels
o Break down freight and organize meat freezer/cooler
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years retail meat cutting experience; or combination of relevant education and experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis, work any shift and work overtime as needed
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Familiarity with meat cutting terms and processes
- Meat Cutter's license (King County only)
- Any licenses or certificates required by federal and/or state
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Related retail experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Fred Meyer: Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Portland || 7555 Sw Barbur Blvd || 97219 || Fred Meyer || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
From one tiny Cincinnati grocery store more than a century ago, we’ve grown into what today is the nation’s largest grocer with nearly 2,800 stores in 35 states operating under 28 different names. As America’s grocer, we take pride in bringing diverse teams with a passion for food and people together with one common purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit.
At the Kroger Family of Companies, we’re all about people. We provide satisfying, sustainable careers—with boundless opportunities—to nearly 450,000 associates across the nation.
We strive to provide the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. We help to feed your future by focusing on providing the value and support you need to grow.
We believe in an associate-first culture, built on collaborative, diverse communities that thrive together. We genuinely care about each other, giving back and helping out. We also know that none of us can succeed on our own. Stress happens. Life happens. That’s why we provide the tools and support you need to live our values and find your way.
No matter where you start your journey, fresh opportunities abound with the Kroger Family of Companies. The scope and size of our organization means we cater to nearly any career aspiration or skill set.
Beyond comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we provide meaningful opportunities for associates to expand their horizons and grow their careers. From internal and external training and education programs to on-the-job training and personalized development opportunities, we help our associates reach their full potential.