About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to support Wealth Investment Management Technology as part of the Core Engineering and Transformation team. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for delivering and supporting reusable web services for consuming applications in Wealth Investment Management and other Lines of Business across Wells Fargo. The Lead Software Engineer should be able to act as a technical expert , analyze business requirements and work collaboratively with other IT team members within the organization.
In this role, you will:
- Lead complex technology initiatives including those that are companywide with broad impact
- Act as a key participant in developing standards and companywide best practices for engineering complex and large scale technology solutions for technology engineering disciplines
- Design, code, test, debug, and document for projects and programs
- Review and analyze complex, large-scale technology solutions for tactical and strategic business objectives, enterprise technological environment, and technical challenges that require in-depth evaluation of multiple factors, including intangibles or unprecedented technical factors
- Make decisions in developing standard and companywide best practices for engineering and technology solutions requiring understanding of industry best practices and new technologies, influencing and leading technology team to meet deliverables and drive new initiatives
- Collaborate and consult with key technical experts, senior technology team, and external industry groups to resolve complex technical issues and achieve goals
- Lead projects, teams, or serve as a peer mentor
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of Software Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
5+ years of .Net and Java application development experience or a combination of both
1+ years of engineer and support experience of cloud with training in Azure or Cloud Certification
2+ years of experience with continuous integration development technologies such as IBM Udeploy, (UrbanCode Deploy), Jenkins, etc.
Experience building microservices based on event driven architecture and domain driven design
Experience analyzing data inputs and outputs
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as required
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.
At Wells Fargo, we’ve been proudly supporting military veterans and their families for more than 170 years.
We value the leadership, discipline, and skills you’ve gained through your service to our country and recognize the contributions our veteran team members bring to the table. We’re committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities, National Guard, Reservists, and Military Spouses.
As a Wells Fargo employee, you’ll find a work culture that is team-oriented, collaborative, structured, and challenging. We support veterans transitioning from military service with a variety of job options, confidential resources, educational information, and career guidance. You may choose to join our Veteran’s Connection Employee Resource Group, a group of thousands who share an interest in veterans’ matters, and that promotes greater awareness and job development within the veteran community. To learn more about opportunities at our company, please visit wellsfargojobs.com/military. Let’s talk about turning your military experience into a great civilian career.