Location: USA WA Auburn - 1520 15th Street, NW (WAS008)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ126156
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
- There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Tower Crew Foreman joining our team to support Verizon activities WA/OR. At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Tower Crew Foreman supporting Wireless Carriers, you will be trusted to perform installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunications wireless systems.
- In this role, a typical day will include:
- Installs, maintains and repairs voice, data and wireless communications systems.
- Maintains telecommunications equipment and installs, rearranges and removes equipment and associated wiring.
- Interprets service orders, circuit diagrams, and electrical schematics.
- Tests, locates, and repairs equipment problems associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance.
- Verifies work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- 3+ years of related experience plus Associates degree. Related experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to lead and manage multiple tower climbers/crew
- Ability to effectively communicate with GDIT management team and assigned tower crew on a daily basis.
- Responsible for overall performance including safety, quality, production and financials. - Basic computer skills to send daily progress reports, safety reports, and quality audits with back-up photos and videos.
- Must be willing to work long hours outside in the elements to include heat/cold/precipitation/freezing temps climbing a cell tower at height of approximately 200 feet in a full body harness suspended at varying heights for up to 10 hours.
- 6 -8 weeks work rotation on depending on weather and then 1 week off (2 weekends)
- Candidates are required to complete General Dynamics training before working in the field (CPR, First Aid Training, RF Awareness, and Climbing/Rigging Certifications).
- This job requires frequent travel and overnight stays near the work location. The ideal candidate is willing to travel to various work locations throughout the assigned geographic territory and stay overnight to compete assignments at company expense.
- Candidates must be willing to travel 100% of the time. Travel will be within the state of Washington and/or Oregon.
Experience with Verizon, or other wireless carrier installations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA WA Auburn
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics is a global aerospace and defense company.
Our portfolio spans the realm of the world's most technologically advanced business jets, wheeled combat vehicles, command and control systems and nuclear submarines. We offer these through our five business groups: Aerospace, Combat Systems, Information Technology, Mission Systems and Marine Systems.
General Dynamics employs thousands of people across the globe, with locations in more than 45 countries. We rely on the skills of our employees and their knowledge of customer requirements to deliver best-in-class products and services.
Who We Are Looking For
General Dynamics is seeking military veterans and military spouses across the country who bring a deeply rooted skillset that includes team-oriented approaches to problem-solving, demonstrations of leadership and an overall commitment to the mission of the organization. We recognize the knowledge and skills gained during your military experience are invaluable to the success of a team. We’re proud of the thousands of veterans and military professionals who have chosen to apply their leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills to a career at General Dynamics and to continue supporting the mission of those serving today.
Should I Apply?
At General Dynamics, our employees are the heart of our company. We rely on their dedication to excellence and their intimate knowledge of customer requirements to meet the needs of customers around the globe, day in and day out. Our employees' unique blend of skill, innovation and agility drives our continued success, and we take our responsibility to them seriously. If you are a military veteran or military spouse ready to advance your career, view our available career opportunities to the right for more information and to apply today!
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on a General Dynamics posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on General Dynamics career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on General Dynamics career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once General Dynamics reviews your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
How to Win An Interview
1. Review the job description for the specific position you are applying for.
2. Review the company website. Know their mission and values. What do they do? What are their products?
3. Prepare a few questions to ask on your interview.
4. Prepare to discuss your military or civilian background and how it relates to the position.
5. Check out the RecruitMilitary Resources tab for resume guidance, interview prep and more!
General Dynamics | Auburn, Washington