Internal Applicants: If you are a current NFP employee with access to the employee portal, please apply by navigating in the PeopleFirst Portal: Menu > Myself > View Opportunities (under My Company).
Business Line: Benefits
Hours Per Week: 35 (Full-Time Permanent)
Location: Kitchener, Toronto, Burlington, Markham
About the Role
The Senior Consultant works autonomously and in collaboration with various internal and external stakeholders (Account Managers, Admin, carrier representatives, etc.). The Consultant is tasked with building on a block of business comprised of key accounts via new sales and maintaining the existing business through servicing, renewals, etc. This role is key in providing clients with guidance and expertise, ensuring effective benefit plan design and performance as well as financial stability.
What you’ll Do
- Network & prospect with clients (both new and existing) to develop/sell NFP’s product offering while building a strong client relationship
- Review proposed renewal negotiations with underwriting prior to starting carrier negotiations
- Assist AM with amendments, new installations, and implementations
- Prepare & conduct all renewal meetings and sales presentations providing expertise and guidance on benefits and claims procedures
- Manage client requests and inquiries in a timely fashion virtually, via telephone, and in-person where available
- Analyze & present renewal reports providing quarterly updates on claims experience
- Participate and be a key contributor during the RFP process
- Provide guidance and support to internal team (Account Manager, Admins, etc.) when needed
What you Bring
- Valid LLQP License (Life License Qualification Program)
- 7+ years of experience in the group insurance industry specifically in employee benefits, including Underwriting, Sales & Service
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership, negotiate and follow through a problem to a satisfactory resolution including achieving sales targets
- Strong time management, communication, decision making, client relations, presentation, and organizational skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients, senior management, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as a strategic thinker
- Ability to assist and maintain good working relationships at all levels across organizations
- Have or working towards CEBS designation an asset
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a 5x Best Places to Work award winner in Insurance, a 5-Star Brokerage award winner from Insurance Business Canada Magazine, and a recognized Elite Agency award winner. We enable client success through the expertise of over 800 employees based in Canada, more than 6,000 employees globally, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors, and financial institutions. NFP is the 5th largest benefits broker by global revenue (Business Insurance), 10th largest property and casualty agency (Insurance Journal), and 12th largest global insurance broker (Best’s Review).
Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ Canadian, U.K and U.S. office locations. To learn more, please visit https://nfp.ca/group-benefits/.
What We Offer
- A competitive wage including Group health and dental benefits from day one, flexible leave days, RRSP matching, and continuing education assistance/reimbursement
- Access to NFP’s robust online talent development platform that facilitates knowledge sharing, and enables you to track as you progress through the various programs
- A Focus on Employee Well-being including partnerships with well-regarded Health & Wellness organizations
- Opportunities to grow as a benefit professional and advance career into executive leadership
- Motivating work atmosphere
- A global team of insurance experts with strong leadership focused on employee retention, growth, industry innovation, and collaboration
Our employees are the foundation of our success.
NFP is a big company — a growing, inclusive team of individuals supporting each other’s passions and engaging with the community.
We understand that more people mean more experience, more expertise, more diversity of thought, and more opportunities to understand the world we share together. By embracing organic collaboration and innovation, we are able to integrate an array of ideas and perspectives to continuously refine what we do and how we do it.
Building a diverse, collaborative and innovative team requires leadership, deliberate action, and ongoing measurement. We actively support the well-being of our employees with benefits and programs driven by recognition, community, financial wellness tools, development, and inclusion, fostering personal and professional growth that keeps us moving forward.
Beyond our office walls, we’re dedicated to serving the community around us. Every day we make proactive choices to take care of the communities in which we live and work. From charity drives and community service outings to other company-sponsored events, our employees donate their time and raise funds on behalf of great causes across the country.
Our business is built on the personal level. Whether it’s in our offices, on a call, out in the field, or anywhere you can find us in the world, we’re starting the conversations that create a more secure future for everyone.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.See Job Description
NFP is a leading insurance broker and consultant providing specialized property and casualty, benefits, wealth management, and retirement planning.
We’re a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2021. We’re also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations.
Our teams strive to embody excellence in everything we do — and we’re proud to be recognized for the fruits of our labor.
Our vision isn't all about the numbers. But we've found that our reputation as an exceptional provider of personal and corporate consultative services hasn't gone unnoticed. We're proud to say that we're the:
- #2 Retirement plan aggregator firm, InvestmentNews
- #5 Largest benefits broker by global revenue, Business Insurance
- #7 Largest U.S.-based privately owned broker, Business Insurance
- #9 Best place to work in insurance, Business Insurance
- #10 Largest property & casualty agency, Insurance Journal
- #10 Commercial lines agency, Insurance Journal
- #13 Global insurance broker, Best's Review
- #13 Largest broker of U.S. business, Business Insurance
We’re also proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
NFP | Toronto,
NFP | Uxbridge,
NFP | Mississauga,
NFP | Oshawa,
NFP | Markham,
NFP | Toronto,
NFP | Markham,
NFP | Toronto,
NFP | Uxbridge,
NFP | Mississauga,