You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards - a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Data Analytics Manager will lead the Business Intelligence & Analytics function for the Allstate Digital Life (ADL) business and be responsible for defining and implementing our approach to top-of-the-line reporting solutions, business intelligence analytics, and operational monitoring solutions - with the goal of delivering the right data and insights to drive business decisions and outcomes. You will be deeply involved in our “Test & Learn” approach to digital platform and insurance product development, partnering closely with people across Product Management, Marketing, and enterprise Data Science and Analytics to develop, measure, and learn from thoughtful tests and experiments to continually evolve the customer experience. You will be the ultimate subject matter expert on Business Intelligence & Analytics on ADL and represent the business’ data analytics needs across Allstate.
Allstate Digital Life is on a mission to innovate and disrupt the way consumers discover, purchase, and engage with life insurance, supplemental health insurance, and wellness benefits. We are building a business with product offerings that will improve access to important financial and wellness protections for millions of underserved customers across the US.
This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
- Serve as the primary owner and driver of program-wide analytics and reporting work
- Design and implement ADL’s analytics, monitoring, and reporting strategy and architecture
- Build and maintain monitoring and reporting dashboards, design and execute analytics projects
- Partner with enterprise Data Science and Analytics teams to align business needs to our data analytics roadmap
- Provide thought leadership through hard-hitting, high quality data analysis and research projects
- Use actionable data and insights to form clear perspectives to drive specific actions to improve the customer experience, product suite, and business results
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to establish shared goals and KPIs for ADL
- Monitor and collaborate with enterprise Data Science and Data Engineering to resolve issues related to ADL data
- Bring clarity to ambiguous business issues with structured, hypothesis-driven problem-solving
- Contribute to product design, testing/prototyping, and go-to-market efforts with data and insights
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders with positive energy and engagement, and help elevate the capabilities of others, particularly in the area of using data and insights to influence decision-making
- Influence leadership team decisions through clear communication and a professional, collaborative engagement style
- Demonstrate strong business knowledge and leadership skills
- Strategically build and foster relationships across teams and functions
This job could have supervisory duties as the business and function grows.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree is required (STEM preferred), MBA a plus
- 5+ years of industry experience in data analytics related roles, focusing on business intelligence, data engineering, dashboarding and reporting, and analytics architecture and strategy
- 2+ years of hands-on experience using analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, and machine learning techniques and tools such as SQL, Python, Spark, Tableu, Power BI, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics
- Experience architecting and driving execution of end-to-end, real-time data monitoring solutions; including defining appropriate data sources and structures and maintaining up-to-date documentation
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements, and leading projects that involve data scientists, data engineers, and data analysts
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, project management, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and non-technical subject matter to senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on cross-functional projects
- Ability to work independently without significant tops-down guidance
- Leadership skills
- Strong ability to “speak the language” of data science, data engineering, data analysis
- Experience managing projects of moderate to high complexity including developing work plans, organizing efforts into discrete tasks; sequencing activities to achieve maximum efficiency, managing timelines and budgets
- Strong intellectual curiosity with ability to focus it on business problems and analytical efforts
- Extensive experience working in an ambiguous environment with a demonstrated ability in solving challenging business problems in a proactive manner
- Knowledgeable in the “Lean Startup” concept and “Test & Learn” methodologies
- Extensive experience identifying, getting, and using the right data and analytical approaches to solve problems and answer business questions with confidence
- Experience working with and applying data privacy, data protection, information security standards
- Experience partnering with data science teams to deliver outcomes
- Understands and knows how to interpret data science models and techniques
- Understands how to leverage models to solve business problems
- Validates models based on business knowledge and experience
- Trains and coaches others (especially non-technical colleagues on frameworks and models)
- Business acumen to connect data analytics efforts to overall business objectives and outcomes
- Effective at communicating analysis and recommendations across a range of audiences
- Ability to develop a perspective, influence, and bring others along
- Strong history of leading and delivering high-quality output and results in cross-functional environments
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is$130,000.00 - $136,000.00 per yearand is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “ here ” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “ here ” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “ here ”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “ here ”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
We’re reinventing the future of protection and we want you!
Allstate is actively seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans, and military spouses. We have tremendous opportunities for those self-starting people who are looking for challenge, and ready for change.
Active military and veterans sacrifice so much for this country. That's why we constantly strive to better serve the brave men and women of the armed forces. From hiring practices to community involvement, military initiatives have been a priority since Allstate was founded by a veteran in 1931.
Our business is one that is built on caring - a value that has been at the core of our relationship with customers, agents, and employees for more than 89 years. Allstate has built its reputation on promising to be there when customers need help to protect their lives, families, property, and communities.
The caring, integrity, and determination shown by current and former members of the armed forces reflects our core values. Expressed through community partnerships, grants, and investments, our business has been built on integrity and caring, too.
Currently, we have openings for these insurance sales positions:
- Insurance Agency Ownership
- Market Outside Sales Associate- Local/Remote
To apply, simply click on “Apply Now” and you will be directed to complete an application on our career page. Once there, please be sure to upload your resume so that you can be assigned to a recruiter who will contact you with next steps!
Thank you for your interest in Allstate. We welcome you and look forward to working you!