Job Summary: ROME - Wallops Site Manager
The Site Manager will be dedicated to the management of all aspects of services provided at Wallops Flight Facility (WFF) under the Repair, Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering (ROME) contract.
- Serves as the Akima ROME Team's main day-to-day point of contact for WFF and is empowered with the authority to direct site operations at WFF.
- Implements ROME policies and procedures for performance and control of all WFF business management functions and technical support.
- Monitors performance of ROME WFF functional managers and supervisors.
- Ensures submission of WFF information for required ROME reports and contract data.
- Responsible for implementation and execution of the ROME Quality Control Plan and Safety, Health and Environmental Plan at WFF. Ensures ROME quality, safety and environmental standards are applied to all levels of the work at WFF and measured for effectiveness. Participates in investigations related to quality defects and safety or environmental incidents and development of resolutions (corrective and preventive).
- Provides guidance and direction to other ROME WFF support functions including finance and accounting, human resources, training, security, and environmental.
- Serves as principal liaison between the company, our ROME management team at GSFC, ROME stakeholders at WFF, and the ROME WFF labor unions.
- Serves as a member of the ROME Program Manager's executive leadership team and assists and provides recommendations to the Program Manager for policymaking.
- Works closely with the ROME Program Manager to ensure communication and prompt resolution of issues associated with ROME WFF performance.
- Leads the ROME WFF workforce in implementing partnering with customers to continuously improve performance and business relations.
- With regard to ROME WFF operations, reviews and signs off on contract modifications for WFF operations, manages budgets and cost performance for WFF operations, monitors contractual performance, and takes action to correct discrepant conditions. Has overall responsibility for ROME WFF P&L.
- With regard to ROME WFF operations, performs hiring, firing, promotions, disciplinary actions, and employee performance evaluations.
- Conducts briefings and participates in meetings for ROME internal and external stakeholders concerning specific project operations.
- Maintains working knowledge of requisite business systems as they relate to ROME WFF, including ability to implement future programs.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Associate Degree from an accredited College or University in a Technical business field.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in facilities maintenance management, preferably on a US Government military installation or large civilian agency industrial complex (e.g., NASA).
- Demonstrated experience with regulatory compliance, including OSHA, EPA and FAR.
- Management experience with proven ability to direct customer focused teams providing institutional services including facility operations and maintenance, and facility engineering and construction services.
- Proven ability to manage and coordinate activities of staff engaged in planning and scheduling of operations, maintenance and repair work.
- Knowledge of physical plant management including functional understanding of building automation systems, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and direct digital controls (DDC) technology.
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Project.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Management experience on a program/contract of similar size and complexity of scope to the ROME WFF services (for example, managing work in excess of $10M per year and managing staff of 50 for federal contracts).
- In-depth knowledge of the WFF infrastructure and operating environment including its users and tenants.
- Prior experience with Union/CBA contract management and labor relations.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessar y. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at email@example.com or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Akima, LLC | Panama City, Florida
Akima, LLC | Barstow, California
Akima, LLC | 2, Virginia
Akima, LLC | Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Akima, LLC | Cleveland, Ohio
Akima, LLC | Barstow, California
Akima, LLC | Huntsville, Alabama
Akima, LLC | Biloxi, Mississippi
Akima, LLC | Charleston, South Carolina
Akima, LLC | Tampa, Florida