Company :Allegheny Health Network
Job Description :
Performs phlebotomy using standard techniques for venipunctures, heel sticks and finger sticks.
- Collects and processes patient specimens in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures and within expected timeframes both on and off site as required. (60%)
- Maintains the cleanliness of the work area and adequate supplies for efficient laboratory operations. (15%)
- Performs laboratory support duties (e.g., order entry, registration, specimen receiving, etc.) to ensure efficient operations. (20%)
- May mentor students in phlebotomy utilizing WPAHS policies and procedures. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Phlebotomy training required.
- Valid driver's license may be required depending on work location.
- Certification as a phlebotomist preferred.
- 6 month phlebotomy experience preferred.
Highmark Health and its affiliates prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Highmark Health and its affiliates take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
EEO is The Law
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity ( https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf )
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact number below.
For accommodation requests, please contact HR Services Online at HRServices@highmarkhealth.org
California Consumer Privacy Act Employees, Contractors, and Applicants Notice
Invest in yourself by becoming part of the Highmark Health enterprise! Build and grow your career with the tools and resources you need to be successful in our innovative and transformational environment. From new hire training to advanced education opportunities, career planning is a continuous journey that leads to your personal and professional growth and our success.
Whether your focus is nursing, information technology, actuarial, finance, marketing, sales, operations or one of our many other professions, our companies offer opportunities to develop and expand your career while making health care accessible, understandable and affordable for our millions of members, patients and customers.