Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services keeps your fleet moving.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services (CAMFS) has grown to become one of the largest fleet maintenance companies in the country.
CAMFS is the leading provider of on-site mobile maintenance and repair services nationwide, offering mobile on-site fleet service for light medium, and heavy-duty trucks and trailers. CAMFS also services customers utilizing its 20+ nationwide service centers; each offering accident repair, painting, refurbishment, and heavy mechanical repair. We are supported by a 24/7 in-house call-center and provide scheduled maintenance services and unscheduled services to fleets anywhere, anytime.
- Have you ever thought about a career as a Diesel Technician?
- Are you tired of working hard at a dead-end J-O-B and no appreciation for your contributions?
- Do you want to feel proud of what your do and get on the path to a better and brighter future for you and your family?
- Did you take apart and put back together that pickup truck in your driveway? Does your compact have an exhaust pipe that is way too loud and spoiler with enough down force to keep you driving under the speed limit? (Looks nice though).
- Are you working as a lube tech or other position in the maintenance shop, but your company does not provide education or tools?
Then this is your opportunity of a lifetime! Cox Automotive Mobility Fleet Services, a national leader in mobile onsite fleet maintenance, is proud to announce open enrollment into our next FleeTec Academy class, which is scheduled to start October 23rd, 2022.
FleeTec Academy is a paid educational program that leads to a path to become one of our full time Diesel Technicians. It was established by us to help people get into Diesel Maintenance field who otherwise might not be able to afford to spend over a year of their life at an expensive formal Technical School with all of the associated tuition debt and buy all of the necessary tools for the job without maxing out their credit card.
That’s right, we pay you to go through our program, we give you free education on fundamentals of Diesel Engines and how to fix trucks, along with a set of hand tools with toolbox, to get you on your way to be the best Diesel Technician out there!
Sounds too good to be true. What is the catch, right? Here is what we ask from you in return: You must be willing to study hard (and we mean HARD!) for four (4) weeks of full-time schooling at our Academy Campus. Travel expenses are paid by us, along with hotel accommodations and stipend for meals, plus a weekly paycheck. Upon completion of the initial classroom phase, you will be paired up with a Lead Technician in your market for further hands-on training and offered an actual full-time job with us! Every so often you will be sent back for further classroom study to keep developing your skill set, and upon successful completion of the full multi-year program, you will be able to call yourself a Diesel Technician! Oh, and keep the tools.
- 4 weeks paid classroom training; all travel expenses paid.
- Free Technical Education
- Further hands-on training by one of our technicians and a full-time job with us as a Mobile Diesel Mechanic in your market.
- Our Mobile Technicians are assigned a state-of-the-art vehicle, with all the bells and whistles, which they use to perform vehicle repairs at our customers’ locations. You are not going to be doing emergency truck repairs on a side of the road as part of your everyday duties, but rather go to our customers’ locations to do preventative maintenance and general repairs onsite, so they can keep their vehicles running efficiently without having to take them to the shop.
- Real pay rates that you can afford to pay rent with and a predefined pathway for raises.
- $12/h (or state minimum wages, whichever is greater) + $250 / wk stipend (taxed)
- $19/h after that for 6 weeks
- Then 2nd class for 4 weeks at Indy at $19/h + $250 / wk (taxed)
- Then + $1/h upon graduation.
Sounds like something you might be interested in. Apply now! Our class size is kept extremely small to ensure we can dedicate the time to teach our future technicians properly. We only have one spot in each geographical market we hire, so it will be competitive. Could that next hire, be you?
Here is what you bring to the table:
- Desire to start a career as a Diesel Technician and become one of our Mobile Mechanics.
- Willingness and ability to study hard.
- Dedicate 4 weeks away from home to be with us.
- Maturity level to focus on the task at hand. This is not a summer camp, but a start of your career path.
- Technical aptitude and a passion for fixing vehicles.
- Ability to operate iPad.
- Must be 21 to drive one of our trucks.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education is preferred, but not required.
- We conduct background checks, driving records checks, pre-employment drug testing and physical.
- If you have just separated from Active Military Duty and looking for that next step in your life, we want to hear from you!
· Health, dental, vision insurance starts DAY ONE of employment.
· 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution and an additional 2% discretionary contribution by the company.
· Accrue up to 192 hours (4-weeks and 4-days) of Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
· Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
· Adoption/Surrogacy assistance
· Pet Insurance
· Multiple ERG, diversity groups, and company paid volunteer hours.
· Employee discounts on new vehicle purchases, cellphone plans, ridesharing, home/rental insurance, wellness/fitness incentives and much more.
We’re driving fleet optimization across the vehicle lifecycle. From fleet acquisition to end-to-end operations and disposal, optimization from beginning to end is critical – not just while the vehicle is in operation. Using the right data and tools to track, optimize and automate the full fleet lifecycle will help our clients win in the fleet future.
Cox Automotive Mobility | La Habra, California
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Anaheim, California
First Student, Inc. & First Transit | Riverside, California
Penske Truck Leasing | Fontana, California