Chattanooga, TN, USA Req #975
Friday, July 1, 2022
With a network of nearly 200 branches, Loomis armored transportation, cash management centers, and cash inventory vaults keep cash flowing throughout financial institutions and retail businesses across the US. Loomis prides itself on providing employees with opportunities for career advancement and job satisfaction. In fact, many of our company's managers, vice presidents, and corporate executives started out in the branches as driver/guards and tellers. Our work can be challenging, but the thousands who have stayed with our company for decades will tell you that if you have the desire to learn and the drive to succeed, Loomis is the place to be. Come join our team!
As aVault Custodian,you work with your team to maintain inventory in our cash vaults for our Loomis customers.
Pay: $16.00 per hour
- Conduct deposit verification and/or change order preparation using specialized counting equipment and procedures
- Separate currency, coin, and/or check deposits received from bank, ATM, and/or commercial customers providing accurate count by denomination
- Prepare currency and/or coin change orders by denomination for each customer assigned
- Check identifying numbers or seals on bags of deposits and/or change shipments against the receipts accompanying each bag, or against the provided manifests
- Count items, record amounts and serial numbers, sign and date receipts and manifests
- Load/unload wagons or flatbed carts with bags/boxes of coin
- Sort individual cargo items by route
- Communicate verbally with co-workers and with customers via telephone
- Ability to load/unload bags/boxes of currency, checks, and coin weighing an average of 50 lbs. per item several times during a 6 to 10 hour shift, 5 to 6 days a week
- Ability to push wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo weighing up to several hundred pounds
- Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn, and reach out
- Ability to perform repetitious lifting of items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each from floor
- Ability to walk continuously between bins, vaults, booths, and counters
- Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift
- Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
- Ability to count, add, subtract and balance columns of numbers
- A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms requirements may be required
•Work in a room within a vault with little or no exposure to outside light
•Full-time schedule can potentially consist of an average of 40 to 50 hours/week, with a minimum of 5 days during a 6-day period
Loomis offers one of the most comprehensive employees benefit packages in the industry, which includes:
•Vacation and Sick Time (PTO) as well as Paid Holidays
•Health & Dental Insurance
•Basic Life Insurance Plan
•Voluntary Life Insurance Plan
•Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account
•Dependent Care Account
Industry leading Training and Development
Essential Functions/Job Qualifications
• Ability to maintain a stooped or squatting position for several minutes to perform the sorting function.
• Ability to walk continuously between bins, vaults, booths, counters.
• Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
• Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse withco-workers and customers, and to read receipts, manifests and reports.
• Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
• Ability to count, add, subtract and balance columns of numbers.
• Ability to meet State requirements for handgun license/permit or Security Officer Commission.
*As part of the qualification process for the Vault Custodian position, a Human Performance Evaluation (HPE) is required. This evaluation requires successful completion of testing in the below areas.*
- Lift:25lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 66 inches from the floor (1X)
- Lift-Carry: 18lbs vertical lift from 1 inch to 44 inches from the floor, and horizontally transfer 15ft (4X),18lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 300ft (1X) and50lbs vertical lift from 10 inches to 36 inches from the floor and horizontally transfer 2ft (2X)
- Push-Pull:Horizontally transfer 47lbs of force on a sled (single, non-dominant arm), a distance of 1ft (2X)
- Repetitive Coupling:Squeeze Jamar Hand Dynamometer requiring forces up to 30lbs / both right & left hands (4X each)
Loomis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
- Job Family Vault
- Job Function Vault Custodian
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.00
Loomis is the international leader in the cash handling services industry. Our international network covers over 400 operating locations in the US and eleven western European countries.
In the US, Loomis operates the nation’s largest integrated cash distribution network, with nearly 200 operating locations and over 8,000 Teammates. Loomis utilizes a fleet of approximately 3,000 vehicles to provide cash handling products and services to financial institutions and commercial/retail businesses. Secure armored transport, SafePoint Retail Cash Management solutions, ATM services, cash, coin and check processing, outsourced vault services are all components of the industry solutions Loomis provides.
Our history dates back over 160 years with roots in the American west. Just as the pioneers who settled the west and the Alaska frontier depended on us for secure, reliable transport, today’s business community counts on Loomis for comprehensive cash handling solutions.
With a broad range of services, nationwide coverage, and strategic application of technology, we offer opportunities to achieve greater profitability and reduce risk. Through the seamless integration of cash processing, secure transportation, technology innovation, and management, Loomis creates exceptional value for our customers.
As the specialist at creating efficient cash flow, Loomis is the industry leader at creating efficient cash flow designed to efficiently and effectively manage cash in society.
Newly Weds Foods | Cleveland, Tennessee
Valet Living | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Artera Services, LLC | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Valet Living | Chattanooga, Tennessee
Valet Living | Ooltewah, Tennessee
Kroger | Cleveland, Tennessee
Kroger | Cleveland, Tennessee