About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw's, and many more recognizable names.
What you will be doing
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Deployment Technician I.
The position will be based Kenilworth, NJ
- Installation and support standard hardware and software platforms and systems throughout ACME Market's retail stores as well as all new stores.
- Accountability for receiving, staging, and tracking IT equipment and tools for retail stores.
- Conduct pilots of installation process and procedures for retail equipment
- Configuration and installation of desktop peripherals and network technologies
- Return old equipment to service center updated inventory systems
- Provide complete recoverability of systems and applications.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of business application and system problems.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of in-store Scales & Wrapping Systems.
- Manage the installation of new hardware and software.
- Maintain equipment inventory controls and policies.
- Work with Support Center (STSC) on assignment of problems, support issues and concerns with computer systems.
- Interface with all Corporate IT groups for on-site support and technology resolutions.
- Adhere to repair standards and service levels established.
- Travel will be required to store locations for equipment installs, some out of town and includes overnight stays and at other times the travel would be to the Division service center.
What we are searching for
- High school graduate, BA/BS degree preferred.
- 1+ years retail business experience.
- 1-3 years IT/Technical training post high school includes Operating Systems and hardware certifications.
- Internal or external experience with technology systems and hardware.
- Information Technology project implementation exposure with 2 year's technical systems experience.
- Exposure and understanding of Scales & Wrapping Systems.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure and understanding of Albertsons Companies Superior Service objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details.
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Must have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, day, swing, and evening
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, some twisting and turning with equipment installs.
- Must have a good, safe driving record.
- Must have own personal transportation
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
What it is like at Albertsons?
Albertsons Culture Principles
Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
Albertsons Companies is a leading food and drug retailer that operates stores across 34 states and the District of Columbia with more than 20 well-known banners including Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Jewel-Osco, Shaw's, Acme, Tom Thumb, Randalls, United Supermarkets, Pavilions, Star Market, Haggen, Carrs, Kings Food Markets and Balducci's Food Lovers Market. The Company is committed to helping people across the country live better lives by making a meaningful difference, neighborhood by neighborhood.
We believe that diverse perspectives strengthen and enrich our stores, our company, and our society. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is a component of our programs for recruitment, development and training of associates and leaders. We provide opportunities for each person in our company to contribute their ideas, talents, and enthusiasm to the company’s success. Associates can participate in various associate resource and network groups, such as Women’s Inspiration and Inclusion Network (WIIN), Hispanic Leadership Network, Asian Network, Albertsons African American Leadership Council, and Albertsons Pride Alliance.
Who We Are Looking For
Albertsons companies is seeking transitioning military service members, military veterans and military spouses across the country who are looking to join an amazing company with a dynamic atmosphere that helps you learn and grow in all interest areas. We offer an inclusive and diverse culture where leaders become lifelong allies, as well as amazing health and wellness benefits to keep you at your best- all with competitive compensation!
Should I Apply?
Our diverse roles are nation-wide and provide opportunities in specialties such as:
· Store operations
· Digital atmosphere
What Happens After I Apply?
Once you click ‘Apply Now’ on an Albertsons job posting, you will be re-directed to fill out an application on our career page. In order to be considered for next steps, please complete the application on Albertsons’ career page and make sure you have an updated resume uploaded to your RecruitMilitary profile. Once we review your resume and profile, a recruiter will reach out to provide you with more information and to schedule you for an interview.
NTT DATA | New York, New York
Advance Auto Parts | Passaic, New Jersey
NYU Langone Health | , New York
NYU Langone Health | , New York
Advance Auto Parts | Manville, New Jersey
Advance Auto Parts | South Plainfield, New Jersey
Advance Auto Parts | New York, New York
Advance Auto Parts | North Plainfield, New Jersey
Advance Auto Parts | Old Bridge, New Jersey
Advance Auto Parts | Hazlet, New Jersey